Beelink GTR7 Pro Review a Faster AMD Ryzen 9 Mini PC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kwinz

Jun 18, 2022
I really wish STH would buy a pair of ECC SODIMMs and make testing with that a regular part of their Mini PC reviews.

Is it recognized, does the OS report that it's working?

Especially when those look so perfect for Proxmox and co.

AdrianBc

Mar 29, 2021
I really wish STH would buy a pair of ECC SODIMMs and make testing with that a regular part of their Mini PC reviews.

Is it recognized, does the OS report that it's working?

Especially when those look so perfect for Proxmox and co.

The AMD Phoenix CPUs support ECC DDR5 SODIMMs (also the previous AMD Rembrandt CPUs), but it is unlikely that any of the existing small computers or laptops have PCBs that include the extra traces required for ECC support.

Otherwise the vendors would have bragged about it, like for the desktop motherboards with ECC support.

kwinz

Jun 18, 2022
The AMD Phoenix CPUs support ECC DDR5 SODIMMs (also the previous AMD Rembrandt CPUs), but it is unlikely that any of the existing small computers or laptops have PCBs that include the extra traces required for ECC support.

Otherwise the vendors would have bragged about it, like for the desktop motherboards with ECC support.
As you say support is possible, but unlikely. I still would want this to become a regular part of the STH Micro PC reviews. Maybe some Mini PC is uncovered where it works. In any case it would also highlight ECC as a desireable quality.

Last edited: