Asus Krpa-u16 GIGABYTE Mz32 epyc 7d12

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bbchichiYY

Aug 11, 2023
Hello guys

I have one Asus u16 and one Gigabyte mz32, and I have paired them with two 7D12

The 7d12 CPU is very interesting. Its basic frequency is only 1.1g, and it can fully load 2.99g on the Asus U16 motherboard, which is a huge performance gap.

On Gigabyte Mz32, no matter how the bios is set, it can only achieve a full load of around 2.2g. The difference is that Gigabyte lacks by workload mode in bios

It seems that only Asus u16 has the by workload mode

I think the difference in power supply may have caused this situation. Is it possible to transplant the power supply scheme of the Asus motherboard to the Gigabyte motherboard?

Thank you all

Reactions: xmod

zorg33

Oct 19, 2022
I guess the Asus board does some kind of TDP unlock
Hidden BIOS options and their default values should be compared thoroughly...

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
can speak for intel Xeons 3rd and 4th gen. similar exists in AMD EPYC systems.
there are some alowed rules to exceed the TDP for some time. the PL1 time windows default is 1sec.
i can set this in the Socket RAPL config, but this is mostly hidden in BIOS.

if i can not mod the BIOS (Rot protection)
i manualy set this in Varstore: get the NVAR index of that setting (use UEFITool and IFRExtractor-RS)
and change with RU.efi (ReadUniversal) this works but if you set to Defaults the setting i lost.
the max. of PL1 Time window is 448 seconds(the value-set is nonlinear, set to 0x72), the CPU is allowed to get over TDP for this time.

zorg33

Oct 19, 2022
can speak for intel Xeons 3rd and 4th gen. similar exists in AMD EPYC systems.
there are some alowed rules to exceed the TDP for some time. the PL1 time windows default is 1sec.
i can set this in the Socket RAPL config, but this is mostly hidden in BIOS.

if i can not mod the BIOS (Rot protection)
i manualy set this in Varstore: get the NVAR index of that setting (use UEFITool and IFRExtractor-RS)
and change with RU.efi (ReadUniversal) this works but if you set to Defaults the setting i lost.
the max. of PL1 Time window is 448 seconds(the value-set is nonlinear, set to 0x72), the CPU is allowed to get over TDP for this time.
I think there is a more general setting to override cTDP and PPT. Yes if someone knows what to configure it can be done wihtout BIOS mod through efi code. I compiled efi binary in the past that can be injected in the efi area.
But how you find what MSR needs to be set to override cTDP and PPT?

alex435345345

Jan 12, 2024
Привет ребята

У меня есть один Asus u16 и один Gigabyte mz32, и я соединил их с двумя 7D12.

Процессор 7d12 очень интересен. Его базовая частота составляет всего 1,1 г, а на материнской плате Asus U16 он может полностью загрузить 2,99 г, что является огромным разрывом в производительности.

На Gigabyte Mz32, как ни ставь биос, на полной загрузке можно добиться только около 2,2г. Разница в том, что у Gigabyte нет режима рабочей нагрузки в биосе.

Кажется, только у Asus u16 есть режим по рабочей нагрузке

Я думаю, что такая ситуация могла быть вызвана разницей в питании. Можно ли пересадить схему питания платы Asus на плату Gigabyte?

Спасибо вам всем
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

Friend, please help me. I'm a beginner. I have a 7D12 cpu. On the Asus U16 motherboard. Will it work?

ArtemT

Jan 28, 2024
Привет ребята

У меня есть один Asus u16 и один Gigabyte mz32, и я соединил их с двумя 7D12.

Процессор 7d12 очень интересен. Его базовая частота составляет всего 1,1 г, а на материнской плате Asus U16 он может полностью загрузить 2,99 г, что является огромным разрывом в производительности.

На Gigabyte Mz32, как ни ставь биос, на полной загрузке можно добиться только около 2,2г. Разница в том, что у Gigabyte нет режима рабочей нагрузки в биосе.

Кажется, только у Asus u16 есть режим по рабочей нагрузке

Я думаю, что такая ситуация могла быть вызвана разницей в питании. Можно ли пересадить схему питания платы Asus на плату Gigabyte?

Спасибо вам всем
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
У меня 7д12 работал на частоте 2,4 (множитель х24). Это достигается за счет уменьшения таймингов оперативной памяти. Еще попробую уменьшить тайминги на оперативной памяти, где штатная частота 3200 МГц, возможно, снизив частоту до 2400 - получится выжать еще больше.

xmod

May 19, 2023
Also have a 7d12 here on SM, tried all ppt,edc,tdc settings, still caped ~105w
Could You confirm unlock by workload profiles?
What is your TDC @3GHZ full load?