Asus KNPA-U16 0E Q-Code error

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

c3l3x

May 1, 2020
Hi. My KNPA-U16 with Epyc Rome CPU has been working well for me, but now I'm getting errors.

I changed out the RTX 2070 card for a 2070 Super and a 2080 Ti. When both cards are installed in the x16 slots, the system will get to the POST screen and get no further than the Total memory info. The debug code is 0E. If I try putting in one card, I get the same error, but not always. I've tried swapping around cards, resetting BIOS to defaults, etc. Never shows the issue with just the onboard VGA.

Any ideas?

efschu3

Mar 11, 2019
I think you have already tried in resetting the UEFI?
Be sure while uefi reset nothing is plugged in (specialy no displayport cables, as they will give some low power from display to GPU, and this will reject uefi resetting or booting correctly).
Try in disabling the onboard nic by jumper.
Try in disabling to load GPU Roms by uefi.
Your power supply has enough output in 12V for an EPYC and both GPUs?

Last edited:

c3l3x

May 1, 2020
@efschu3 Thanks for the suggestions

Yes, I tried resetting the UEFI. I did it with no cards installed, and even tried with no battery. Also tried a reflash of the BIOS just in case.

I tried disabling the LANs via jumper, but no change. I tried disabling loading GPU ROMs but no change. Still 0E code.

My PSU is 1200W single-rail, so plenty of power

68k-dude

Jan 2, 2020
Hello @c3l3x o/

0e is a very early postcode. So early in fact I don't think it has even got to looking at the PCIe devices. I will hunt about for some specific code info

c3l3x

May 1, 2020
Hello @c3l3x o/

0e is a very early postcode. So early in fact I don't think it has even got to looking at the PCIe devices. I will hunt about for some specific code info

@68k-dude Thanks! I've tried a few more times with different slots and BIOS settings but no go. If you find something, that would be great. Thanks for looking!

68k-dude

Jan 2, 2020
I"ve looked at you boards manual it doesn't mention the 0e code

However, looking on the ASUS site I found this

QCode / Q-code Description
00 Not used
01 Power on. Reset type detection (soft/hard).
02 AP initialization before microcode loading.
03 System Agent initialization before microcode loading.
04 PCH initialization before microcode loading.
06 Microcode loading.
07 AP initialization after microcode loading.
08 System Agent initialization after microcode loading.
09 PCH initialization after microcode loading.
0A Initialization after microcode loading.
0B Cache initialization.
0C-0D Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes.
0E Microcode not found.
0F Microcode not loaded.
10 PEI Core is started

As I said 0E is very early on. It is referring to the Microcode.

I'll have to ponder that one for a bit.

Hmmmmmm