ASRockRack B650D4U-2L2T/BCM doesn't detect NVMe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

fcarucci

Apr 19, 2023
Hello,

Today my Ryzen server suddenly died after months and when I rebooted, it went straight into the bios. It looks like the NVMe (a Micron 7950) is not detected anymore.
The motherboard is an ASRockRack B650D4U-2L2T/BCM.
I reset the bios, updated it to the latest, rebooted and still kicked back into the bios.

When I go to Advanced/NVMe, it says it can't find any NVMe.
But when I scroll down, I can see the Micron NVMe, its serial number and all its information. The SATA SSDs are there as well.

I'm at a loss. What am I doing wrong? Is the SSD simply dead? Thanks for your help!

Attachments

Last edited:

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
If you have multimeter test main power pins and ground, then clock gen's (likely you have short on clock gen or Lane for data)

1710267647438.png

If you lack the skill/hardware/time - I recommend taking it to someone who fixes gpu's with donor card, they should be able to get it back up for you. (that is if you need that data inside)

(https://www.youtube.com/@northwestrepair/featured --> like this guy - he's taking ssd's, nvme and other things too - at least he agreed to look at in past)

Last edited:

newborn2010

Jul 16, 2018
How did you connect Micron 7950 to B650D4U-2L2T/BCM? I encountered a situation where I lost my SSDs. I use a plx8748 expansion card to expand the SSDs of m2 and u2 and inserted it into the PCIE7(PCIE5.0 X4) slot. The card's original heatsink is a bit thick, causing it to stick to the graphics card's backplate in the slot below. This results in poor contact between the PCB and the PCIE5.0 X4 slot. Later I modified the heatsink and solved the problem. 20240320231746.jpg
20240320231728.jpg