Asrock Rack X470D4U/D5U bios updates?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
I am interested in one of these boards due to the IPMI functionality & ecc support.

However, looking at their site they look abandoned. I don't see any firmware/download with latest AGESA code. Does anyone have an updated bios for these with newer AGESA code?

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
Thanks. I wrote to them & I'll see what they say. I was under the impression that these were popular boards here & someone may know.

I'm open to other suggestions for AM4 boards with ECC support, latest AGESA code & IPMI. Hoping to keep it under $300.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I was under the impression that these were popular boards here & someone may know.
you should not update BIOS is you have no issues.
ASRock Rack provides Beta BIOS if you have issues on request.
If all do update to the latest BIOS some Processors may stop working and gives unwanted trouble.
check the Notes in the list of avail.BIOS versions.
if you want up to date any time in any case ASRock Rack is not the right vendor for you.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
you should not update BIOS is you have no issues.
ASRock Rack provides Beta BIOS if you have issues on request.
If all do update to the latest BIOS some Processors may stop working and gives unwanted trouble.
check the Notes in the list of avail.BIOS versions.
if you want up to date any time in any case ASRock Rack is not the right vendor for you.
IIRC the newer AGESA fixes known vulnerabilities, so you'd think they'd make something available to everyone....