ASROCK Rack ROMED8U-2T

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SDLeary

Aug 4, 2015
Anyone out there have any experience with this board? Seems a better fit for virtualization than the D6U.

SDLeary

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
I have one. Paired with 7443P.

EDIT: Sorry I quickly read the post title as "ROMED8-2T". this thread is about the ROMED8*U*-2T, the micro ATX variant. vs. the D6U looks like you sacrafice a PCIe x16 slot for the extra memory slots. plus some other I/O differences

interesting lack of 24-pin. same on the D6U. does it come with the required adapter?

Last edited:

SDLeary

Aug 4, 2015
The manual states that it comes with the power adapter.

Its hard to tell what the status of this board is anymore as it (and other boards) are no longer accessible from the normal product listings on ASRockRack's page (still accessible though with a google search). Makes me wonder if this was a custom board that someone ordered, and they were just selling off excess inventory; or if its just the normal Logistical Hell that is the world today.

SDLeary

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
60 available from provantage. I like the m-atx format as they can fit into the cerberus case and make for a nice compact portable server. I used a lot of the romed6 version but this looks like a better option. although, i did like the easter egg m.2 on the bottom of the mb (or if you really get creative, you can have that extra m.2 on the right hand side instead of the bottom!)

1644376172876.png

Reactions: SDLeary

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Its hard to tell what the status of this board is anymore as it (and other boards) are no longer accessible from the normal product listings on ASRockRack's page (still accessible though with a google search).
that's not unusual at they're (chaotic) web-page. this board i quite NEW (BIOS 22.11.2021)

bitbckt

will google compiler errors for scotch
Feb 22, 2022
I've been using this board now for a week or so. I'm sure I'll have more to say about it with longer-term usage, but it seems very familiar to anyone who's used one of the ASRock Rack boards in the past - particularly the smaller, "quirkier" ones.

There have been two minor "snags" during the build that have annoyed me:

<rant>

They used a Molex Nano-fit connector for the ATX12V and included a converter from Min-fit x24 to Nano-fit x4 in the box. This wouldn't otherwise be a problem, but the adapter is short and the wide, x24 connector obstructs airflow off the CPU cooler. I will probably try to wire up a more aerodynamic adapter at some point by using a short pigtail from Nano-fit x4 to Mini-fit x4, then a longer run at higher wire gage back to the PSU for the 24 pin connector.

The second niggle is the right-angle header for the USB front-panel, way down at the bottom center of the board. Right-angle at the _right_ side of the board is ideal - that typically faces the front of a chassis. Being so far from the front of the chassis, I needed to use a flexible extension to provide enough cable relief to plug a cable in without ripping the header off the board, and even _more_ relief to clear the back of the card I have in the bottom-most slot.

</rant>

I would still buy the board, and it's the best fit for my needs, but like all ASRock Rack boards I've used, it has some "special" design ideas to get so much functionality in such a small footprint.

Reactions: SDLeary