ASRock Rack GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 Genoa Motherboard Review Build

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TD_Trader

Feb 26, 2013
Motherboard Review Article is here:

Does anyone have any detailed information including pictures and a detailed parts list for the STH ASRock Rack GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 build?

I am looking for detailed information and pictures of the chassis used (to fit the motherboard and cooler).

@Patrick or others. What exact 24pin to 12v EPS adapter is needed if the PSU does not have 3 x 12v EPS connectors?

“Many power supplies do not have three 12V inputs, and one needs to use an adapter to perform normal power functions from a standard power supply’s 24-pin ATX connector”

Also what specific power supply was used and what specific 24pin to 12V EPS adapter was used? Is there a specific PSU that has 3 x 12V EPS connectors?

Also can you give us more detailed information on the build including an entire parts list (chassis used, PSU used, CPU cooler, exact memory used, along with part numbers and links).

I was looking to do a similar build but I can’t find the details of the build and it seems that no article was ever written or posted about the build.

I was planning on a similar / identical build and same motherboard and stumbled upon the STH review, but Patrick didn’t give any information on the build, or what exact parts were used (what power supply, or chassis was used) that you managed to get this to fit into. Would be helpful if you gave us more details and posted pictures of the build.

Hopefully STH can finish the build article and post it so we can see exactly what exact parts were used.

@Patrick – What chassis and what power supply did you use for the build?

Please post a detailed article on the full build with a complete parts list used (or post the details and pictures here).

Thank-you!
- Mark (TD_Trader)

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
What exact 24pin to 12v EPS adapter is needed if the PSU does not have 3 x 12v EPS connectors?
in the motherboard is included the adapter ATX24 -> ATX4 (+5VSB,PWROK,GND,PESON#)
for the 3rd EPS you can buy a PCIe to EPS adapter,
or buy fully modular PSU and buy an extra EPS cable.

Last edited:

TD_Trader

Feb 26, 2013
in the motherboard is included the adapter ATX24 -> ATX4 (+5VSB,PWROK,GND,PESON#)
for the 3rd EPS you can buy a PCIe to EPS adapter,
or buy fully modular PSU and buy an extra EPS cable.
Do you know of a specific brand / make / model of a 1000+ watt (1,100 or even higher) fully modular power supply with at least three 12V EPS connectors that would work?

I am looking to use this same exact motherboard (or possibly a GENOAD8X-2T/BCM motherboard)
with an EPYC 9654 processor, and one (possibly two) RTX 4090’s. Could you recommend a CPU cooler, a full-size EEB chassis (with at least one or two power supplies) and a fully modular power supply with at least three 12V EPS connectors?

Do you have any idea what chassis, power supply, CPU cooler, memory DIMMs and case fans that Patrick / STH used for the GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 build?

I am looking to do a similar / identical build, but I am looking for a chassis that can hold either / both the GENOAD8X-2T/BCM (EEB form factor) and GENOAD8UD-2T/X550 (10.5” x 10.5”) motherboards.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Do you know of a specific brand / make / model of a 1000+ watt (1,100 or even higher) fully modular power supply with at least three 12V EPS connectors that would work?
Corsair/Seasonic and others modular PSU have more than two outputs with variable PCIe or CPU(EPS) connection.
and a fully modular power supply with at least three 12V EPS connectors?
you can have five or six for CPU/EPS or GPU/PCIe !

2928401-l1.jpg
2119991-l2.jpg