ASRock N100DC-ITX: SATA Power Connector?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

funnyhaha

Jul 11, 2023
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a ASRock N100DC-ITX. The board comes with a DC Jack (so the PSU is an external Notebook-Style brick).

It hat 2 SATA ports, a "SATA Power Connector" on board and comes with a "SATA Power Cable".
Looking at the manual and the pictures of the board, that connector (SATA_PWR1) is a 4-Pin connector. It's too small to be Molex, and I'd guess it's similar to a floppy connector.

My question here is (as I've never had a non-ATX board), if I can just buy a SATA-Power Y-connector (something like this: https://www.amazon.de/Akyga-AK-CA-31-Stecker-Buchse-Adapter/dp/B07TS718RH/) and fork of power for 2 SATA disks, or is there something i have to look out for?

Thanks!

Attachments

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Looking at the manual and the pictures of the board, that connector (SATA_PWR1) is a 4-Pin connector. It's too small to be Molex, and I'd guess it's similar to a floppy connector.
floppy is 2,54mm pitch.
this onboard 4-Pin connector is 2mm pitch but not unusual.

droland

Jan 13, 2024
Hi,

Does anyone know what the electrical loading capacity of SATA_PWR1 port is?
How many 3.5" HDD can I connect to the port?

If I have 120W++ 19V power supply, I think its power more than the board requires, so enough power remains for the 12V HDDs.
What is the limit on this SATA power port of the internal/integrated psu ?

I have sent email to ASRock support, but I haven't received any answer yet...

Thank you for replies.

funnyhaha

Jul 11, 2023
I have been running 2 HDDs since July now without issues.

If you want more than 2, there’s additional info here:

droland

Jan 13, 2024
I have been running 2 HDDs since July now without issues.

If you want more than 2, there’s additional info here:
Thank you.

droland

Jan 13, 2024
Hi,

Does anyone know what the electrical loading capacity of SATA_PWR1 port is?
How many 3.5" HDD can I connect to the port?

If I have 120W++ 19V power supply, I think its power more than the board requires, so enough power remains for the 12V HDDs.
What is the limit on this SATA power port of the internal/integrated psu ?

I have sent email to ASRock support, but I haven't received any answer yet...

Thank you for replies.
I have received the reply from ASRock support:

"Regarding your inquiry, the SATA_PWR1 connector provides 5V/3A and 12V/1A adaptively."

user295

Mar 2, 2024
I have received the reply from ASRock support:

"Regarding your inquiry, the SATA_PWR1 connector provides 5V/3A and 12V/1A adaptively."
Hmm. The peak current for e.g. WD Red 8Tb is 1.75A (12V). So how is it intended to work?