Are Noctua Fans crap now?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Hi
I normall buy them from Variose Ebay Stores. Like the last one sold 222396 Products. :eek: So it seem the dont sell crap normally.
So the 40x40 are not the first Noctua I bought recently I also got 60x60 that time with USB who also "rattle".
Are the crap nowerdays? Other Brand who I got some big and slow fan dont rattle at all.
Thanks!

ericloewe

Apr 24, 2017
Why would you buy them on eBay? That seems like pointlessly adding to the risk of getting knockoffs.

Reactions: T_Minus

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
of getting knockoffs.
from well estestables seller? Do you have an example?
The Box have everything who should be inside an original one.
Why would you buy them on eBay?
To avoid get over payed. Since to not be anymore available from our IT Distributor I did needed a new source.
Sadly shipping to Austria is often XX times more expencive as in Germany.
I also get Cashback via Ebay also I often get Discount Codes.

Reactions: gb00s

ericloewe

Apr 24, 2017
from well estestables seller?
Lots of Super China Happy Sun-type sellers on eBay, the methods for gaming the system are well-known (e.g. transitioning from legitimately selling some minor trinkets to more valuable things that are actually knock-offs).

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Out of those 200,000 items sold only 10 were noctua :p the rest were tooth brushes... I'm being sarcastic here, but this is a popular scam on ebay and amazon -- maybe they fixed this item name\description\classification swap thats done.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Out of those 200,000 items sold only 10 were noctua :p the rest were tooth brushes... I'm being sarcastic here, but this is a popular scam on ebay and amazon -- maybe they fixed this item name\description\classification swap thats done.
If you change the description or title of the item after a sale is made, the buyer still sees the original (and therefore same goes for feedback left). Fortunately eBay accounts for that, unlike Amazon...

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
If you change the description or title of the item after a sale is made, the buyer still sees the original (and therefore same goes for feedback left). Fortunately eBay accounts for that, unlike Amazon...
But that item still looks like it sold 1000s right? Even if it was the other item?
Or does the listing entirely change now?

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
But that item still looks like it sold 1000s right? Even if it was the other item?
Or does the listing entirely change now?
It will still preserve the quantity sold since the item ID doesn't change if you make revisions. Means it's prudent to check feedback since that will show the item ID and title at the time of sale. There are legitimate reasons to change titles (and I've done it regularly), but obviously it can be abused too, like anything.