Are Layer 3 managed switches already so cheap?Crazy

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sorandict

Mar 11, 2024
Just wonder if it's the reviews for the product that caused the XikeStor to go on sale for such a low price, otherwise it's hard to believe L3 managed SFP+ switches are being sold at such a low price.. Kind of regret buying it early and purchasing it for $159.99, but so far it's working fine with my network

izx

Jan 17, 2016
Don't believe what the title/marketing says. Description has:

supports advanced features like partial L3 management(DHCP Server, RIP, OSPF, BGP), IPv4/IPv6 support, routing, QoS, ACL, SNMP, and various management methods including Console, Telnet, and SSH
I would assume the management is quite iffy, like on the Realtek-y 2.5GbE switches.

Sacrilego

Now with more RGB!
Jun 23, 2016
Maybe a vendor/seller?
All posts from OP so far seem to be related to the XikeStor Store.

Sorandict

Mar 11, 2024
Don't believe what the title/marketing says. Description has:

I would assume the management is quite iffy, like on the Realtek-y 2.5GbE switches.
Yeah, the cooling could really use some work, but the management stuff seems fine.

Sorandict

Mar 11, 2024
The reviews seem to say it all with this one. Looks like you get what you pay for.
Sounds like got a cheap deal but ended up with something that's not up to par in performance. So far there's nothing wrong with it for now except for the risk of overheating with passive cooling

Sorandict

Mar 11, 2024
Maybe a vendor/seller?
All posts from OP so far seem to be related to the XikeStor Store.
Got the web managed item couple of weeks before, curious to see the selling price again, but of course I'm also interested in some other Chinese brands, including Yuanley, Sodola, Mokerlink...