Arc-1882 help SED, full volume encryption

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Lou DeBoer

Dec 29, 2016
Hello,

Can anyone help point me in the right direction to setup encryption on the ARC-1882.

Looks like I can create a SED raid, or standard raid then full volume encryption. But i'm not sure if its working or not. I thought when i powered off the server and powered it on, the SED encryption would prompt me for a password. but it does now. even if I disable the SED key and power off. I can still access the drive on power up.

Also when i create the volume, I have an option for volume encryption. But i cant find any place to put in the password. I create a volume and select use password. but I see no place to put in a password or import a key.

I found some documentation that say use the CLI to generate a key. But the CLI just errors on when i try to run it on xp, win7 or win10.

I'm really just looking to protect any data if i have to send a drive out for repair or something.

thanks for any advice!