APC Smart-UPS 2200VA cable help

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
Hello gents,

I just received my new UPS, but to my dismay there are no wires in the battery tray, so I have no possible way to install batteries in it.

Do any of you guys know where I can get the wire harness for a RBC43 battery assembly or what type of connectors and wire is used, so I can make my own?

TIA
Alex

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
By the time you buy connector shells, pins & sockets, heavy gauge silicone cable and eyelets etc etc, you will be just as cheap buying either an emtpy cartridge or perhaps a cheap-ish second hand one. Here's a link to something that's relatively cheap :)

Reactions: Necrotyr

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
Should probably mention that I'm in EU, $185 in shipping and then add tax on top. Think I can do it cheaper with DIY. The connectors are only $5 if the ones I've found are correct.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I would be asking them if they would consider sending you an empty cartridge via USPS, shouldn't be horrible in cost terms. You get it cheaper, they get some spares, its a win-win!

If you really want to roll your own harness, then you'll need the appropriate Anderson connectors. You should be able to get them from either Torberry or 12Vplanet, I think even RS carried them at one point, a quick google should help :)

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
I have the tray including the wires you connect to the UPS, what I'm missing is the wires between individual batteries, the yellow ones in this picture:

I'm going to measure the gauge of the red and black wire tomorrow, don't think it'll be more than $30 total.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Ok, I was under the impression from your op that you had none of the wiring. It's just heavy duty 1/4" spade terminals and 6mm2 stranded silicone/ high temp equipment wire. RS has what you need, in fact, you could probably get it at a car accessory or modelling shop if you're stuck :p:D

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
Would 6mm PVC wire be okay? Found some rated for 750VDC, but it's only rated for 30A.

It has a core diameter of 3mm and a total diameter of 5,6mm.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Providing it's both stranded and high, temperature rated, it should be fine. The battery packs are only rated at 5A ea and there's 4 in series in each bank :)

Necrotyr

Jun 25, 2017
Denmark
Should be okay, I guess.

Max operating temperature: 70c
Max short circuit temperature: 160c
Rated voltage: 750V