anyone using Lsi 9260-4i with X10SL7-F?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bissa

Mar 12, 2015
Hi,
I upgraded my raid configuration with LSi 9260-4i controller but I have a problem, sometimes during random reboots the LSi 9260 is not detected, it happens randomly cold or soft reboot, I see the controller is not detected, and I have to reboot again to get it detected.
firmware is already using latest firmware and latest bios for the motherboard.
Is there something I need to change in the bios? I already disabled the onboard sas2308 controller.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I had this problem and it was due to the chip over heating. Mine was on the motherboard but a LOT of LSI cards don't hve a fan but OEMs stick one on almost ALWAYS. No fan? Put on one, and report back :)

bissa

Mar 12, 2015
I doubt it is over heat, as the server is hosted in a datacenter with good cooling.
So far I have manually set the PCI-E Gen to 2x instead of Auto, because maybe with Auto sometimes it detects the card at 3x causing the non detection? still testing...

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Well, just so you know the ambient temp when mine was over heating was most likely much lower than a DC temp and the chip was ~100*C if I recall. Mine would only show up on Cold boots or randomly on reboots... it was the TEMP.

In my SM chassis I don't think it will overheat because the side mid-fan blows directly over it at high volume, although I'm keeping the cooler on there anyway to be safe :)

Just passing along experience I went through.

Last edited:

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Well one way to test if its heat is to take server offline for a while then turn on. If its always detected with this process then it might be heat.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
if you're asking about internal sensor I don't believe there is one, never seen it mentioned in any documentation. If you have physical access you can also check with a IR thermometer which is what I used for machines running in production

Reactions: T_Minus