Anyone used multiple R610s? Are there different LCD types?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
I have 2 R610s and they're a little different.

On one, the front black faceplate doesn't have either a Dell or PowerEdge R610 branding on it anywhere. It's a legit server as the service tag pulls up on Dell's site. However, on this one the LCD panel is a lot brighter when you have the white backlight on, and when the text is scrolling it's a lot smoother.

On another one, the front black faceplate does have both a Dell logo and the LCD panel says PowerEdge R610 below it. However, on this one the LCD panel is a lot dimmer when you have the white backlight on. The brightness is about the same when you have it set to orange though. Also, when text scrolls, it's actually noticeably blurrier, as if the refresh rate or panel type is lower/different.

Anyone ever encountered this? I can't really find anything about it in Dell's documentation.

Last edited:

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
I have never heard about a brighter lcd, but I do know that some dell servers have 4 numbers and 4 leds to show drive activity.