Anyone used Marvel WAM for ZIL ???

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Was browsing for a cheap zil candidate on ebay and found this

Anyone used this before ?? looks interesting and specs looks very good with decent pricing.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Really great. I have been working on a NVDIMM piece for some time (and still awaiting a few pieces.) Much larger capacity but requires motherboard support.

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
I have one but you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement to get any driver info on this thing. Its a bit of a pain. I'm still working on it.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Really great. I have been working on a NVDIMM piece for some time (and still awaiting a few pieces.) Much larger capacity but requires motherboard support.
I'm anxiously awaiting that article! Small DDR3 NV-DIMMs would be great in a NAS that supported the technology, and a pile of really huge non-volatile flash DIMMs would make a great in-memory database platform. Imagine 64 DIMMs with 512GB of flash each - 32TB of "memory" to play with!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I'm anxiously awaiting that article! Small DDR3 NV-DIMMs would be great in a NAS that supported the technology, and a pile of really huge non-volatile flash DIMMs would make a great in-memory database platform. Imagine 64 DIMMs with 512GB of flash each - 32TB of "memory" to play with!
I will shoot you an e-mail. Apparently I am getting the final pieces this week.