Anyone used a freight forwarder from London, UK > Rest of Europe?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kroem

Aug 16, 2014
(Not sure what forum to put this in but...)

So, I think I "could" score a good deal on a small server cab - but they will only accept local pickup or arrange own shipping.
Was wondering if anyone shipped large packages/pallets via a freigh forwarded and could recommend any company?

I'm looking to ship to Sweden ... The cab is 12U.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
The best shipping forwarder I have used in the past for container freight was Woodland Global. I know they can do LCL, but have no idea if they will go as small as that. Worth a call though if nothing else :)

politby

Dec 31, 2013
I have previously used a service called "parcel to go" to set up freight of large items from the UK to Sweden. They are sort of a broker; you go to their website and specify what you want to send and where and they will search for pricing and give you a quote. You decide which carrier you want to use and pay for the shipping. They will then arrange for the item to be picked up and transported to your location.

I was surprised by how cheap it was. Worth a try. Parcel2go.co.uk

Reactions: kroem

kroem

Aug 16, 2014
I have previously used a service called "parcel to go" to set up freight of large items from the UK to Sweden. They are sort of a broker; you go to their website and specify what you want to send and where and they will search for pricing and give you a quote. You decide which carrier you want to use and pay for the shipping. They will then arrange for the item to be picked up and transported to your location.

I was surprised by how cheap it was. Worth a try. Parcel2go.co.uk
Sounds good... But seems the won't accept parcels of this size

It should be something like 90cm long, 60 wide and 80 high...
Probably 80kg

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Parcel2Go, Shiply etc are brokers for bulk couriers, rather than proper forwarders, essentially they sprang up to service ebay customers, although I have used them for other stuff too. Watch out for their insurance schemes.The same rules for size/ volumetric weight etc also applies to them as it would for the couriers they use. I doubt any of them can handle the size without some special arrangement being made. You need a proper forwarding company that have those special arrangements with shippers.

Reactions: politby

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
Sorry that's a bit too big and heavy for any services I know of! Tried a couple of road freight services but couldn't find anything much under £150

Reactions: kroem

kroem

Aug 16, 2014
Yeah, I think the shipping will eat the "deal" anyways.. thanks for your help!