anyone know anything about CORAID branded Intel 10Gb 82599es NICs?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I found a good deal on some AOC-STGN-I2S 10Gb NICs. They are Intel 82599ES based NICs. However, they are branded "CORAID" and their PCI configuration is all messed up. They have PCI device ID 0x0001, which doesn't correspond to anything, so the drivers won't load. Anyone know how to make these "normal" Intel 82599ES NICs?

DanielWood

Sep 14, 2018
I found a good deal on some AOC-STGN-I2S 10Gb NICs. They are Intel 82599ES based NICs. However, they are branded "CORAID" and their PCI configuration is all messed up. They have PCI device ID 0x0001, which doesn't correspond to anything, so the drivers won't load. Anyone know how to make these "normal" Intel 82599ES NICs?

This may be of little use for you, since it is Linux only. But, you can inject arbitrary pci ids into any driver and Linux will pick it up.
Forcing driver to device match

Otherwise , it's a question of how to change the id on the card itself, which as far as I can tell, isn't going to happen on Intel NICs.