Anyone have newer bios files for the D1541D4U-2T8R than are available on Asrocks site?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IroesStrongarm

Feb 12, 2024
I made my own modded bios with PCI-E bifurcation.

As usual it's not my fault if your house catches fire.

This also has the option ROM for the Iris Xe LP GPU.
Hey, thanks for providing this. I asked Ivan already, but if I can ask you, how has stability been for you with your modded bios? Just got this board and could use bifurcation. And I acknowledge the usual caveats of using modded bios so not worries there, just want to know how it's been for you this many months out.

IvanM07

Aug 28, 2022
Hey, thanks for the response. Glad that you found it stable, even if it presented an incompatible option.

I plan to use an HBA I already have in the top slot as the system I'm swapping it into is already wired with the 8087 connector and I don't want to rewire (also have cooling solved on that card).

I want to bifurcate the bottom slot to connect two nvme drives in a carrier card without having to get a card that has a plx bridge on it.
You would know more about your particular setup and what you need, but if you have a hba that uses 8087 and just don't want to rewire them, you could just use an 8087 to 8643 adapter. I never had any cooling issues on this board even with just the single fan I had blowing over the CPU.

Then could use that extra pcie slot for more nvme drives or to throw in something else like an sfp+ card since the 10gbe on this thing is power hungry.

Even playing with C-states and disabling the 10gbe on it I was surprised how much power it used. The 2143iT isn't much better, but for a cpu advertised as low power I was just surprised compared to a similar supermicro X11sdv-8c I had.

IroesStrongarm

Feb 12, 2024
You would know more about your particular setup and what you need, but if you have a hba that uses 8087 and just don't want to rewire them, you could just use an 8087 to 8643 adapter. I never had any cooling issues on this board even with just the single fan I had blowing over the CPU.

Then could use that extra pcie slot for more nvme drives or to throw in something else like an sfp+ card since the 10gbe on this thing is power hungry.

Even playing with C-states and disabling the 10gbe on it I was surprised how much power it used. The 2143iT isn't much better, but for a cpu advertised as low power I was just surprised compared to a similar supermicro X11sdv-8c I had.
Wait, perhaps I misunderstood the manual, so correct me if I'm wrong (I hope I'm wrong then). I thought that you either get the top x16 (wired x8) slot or the built in HBA. I thought you couldn't use both PCI slots and the included HBA at the same time. Am I wrong here?! Would be huge if so.Screenshot 2024-02-13 124542.jpg

Last edited:

IvanM07

Aug 28, 2022
Wait, perhaps I misunderstood the manual, so correct me if I'm wrong (I hope I'm wrong then). I thought that you either get the top x16 (wired x8) slot or the built in HBA. I thought you couldn't use both PCI slots and the included HBA at the same time. Am I wrong here?! Would be huge if so.View attachment 34559
As far as I know all 3 work, I had a GPU in one, the ceascent/nvme in another and the 3008 all working. Unsure if they setup the link at say 8x 4x and 4x but it was working for me when I was testing it and I believe the m.2 slot was at 1x if I recall correctly.

IroesStrongarm

Feb 12, 2024
As far as I know all 3 work, I had a GPU in one, the ceascent/nvme in another and the 3008 all working. Unsure if they setup the link at say 8x 4x and 4x but it was working for me when I was testing it and I believe the m.2 slot was at 1x if I recall correctly.
Well shit, I'll be more than happy to rewire my setup in that case. Haha.

Just sat down now to flash the built in LSI to IT mode.

Thanks for the info.