Anyone have newer bios files for the D1541D4U-2T8R than are available on Asrocks site?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jorge Perez

Dec 8, 2019
I found a post for the Skylake-D version of these boards that had newer BIOSes than were available from asrocks public site.

I'm mainly hoping for a bios file that supports PCI-E bifurcation on the two PCI-E slots, but any other updates would be nice too.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
usualy you have to beg for the newer BIOS with fewer bugs and vulnerabilities at ASRock support.
i.e. the latest BIOS for EPC621D8A on the site is 2.10 from april 2019.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
So I should try to use a .BIN file with instant flash for this board? I see what you mean about 1.30, but not about what filetype or update method for this board.
this is BIOS raw, rename to BIOS.BIN - Instant flash should accept it or flash with hardware programmer.
IPMI WebGUI and AFU usualy does NOT accept modded BIOS.

Reactions: IvanM07

IvanM07

Aug 28, 2022
this is BIOS raw, rename to BIOS.BIN - Instant flash should accept it or flash with hardware programmer.
IPMI WebGUI and AFU usualy does NOT accept modded BIOS.
Thanks for that, appears as though instant flash isn't taking it, tried 2 different fresh formatted USB Keys. I'm guessing a hardware programmer will be needed. Is there any resource or how-to I can read for how to do that?

Edit: Same thing through IPMI as you said lol, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks again for the noob help. I'm more of a network & security guy.

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Thanks for that, appears as though instant flash isn't taking it, tried 2 different fresh formatted USB Keys
what do you mean ? you don't see a UEFI window showing files on the USB Stick ?
FAT32, max 4GB stick to be safe.
have used Instant Flash and modded BIOS on ASRock, but LGA3647 platform.
if you use hardware programmer, buy a BIOS chip for new BIOS to have a backup chip with old BIOS.
there are some BIOS chip services: they usualy flash them with your custom BIOS on request.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I'm guessing a hardware programmer will be needed. Is there any resource or how-to I can read for how to do that?
you need only ch341a USB programmer(ebay,amazon,Aliex) and a DIP8->SOP16 adapter for the BIOS chip.
Software: AsProgrammer or NeoProgrammer (don't use the original Software bundled by the ch341a)

Last edited:

IvanM07

Aug 28, 2022
what do you mean ? you don't see a UEFI window showing files on the USB Stick ?
FAT32, max 4GB stick to be safe.
have used Instant Flash and modded BIOS on ASRock, but LGA3647 platform.
if you use hardware programmer, buy a BIOS chip for new BIOS to have a backup chip with old BIOS.
there are some BIOS chip services: they usualy flash them with your custom BIOS on request.
On this one Instant Flash is an option under bios, it does a quick scan of the files on the Flash Drive and says none found.

Is there a certain utility I should use under the UEFI Shell? Sorry if I'm not making sense, could be this board is a bit different? I'll take a photo of the option in the bios Screen for reference and update this post shortly.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
On this one Instant Flash is an option under bios, it does a quick scan of the files on the Flash Drive and says none found.
OK
Is there a certain utility I should use under the UEFI Shell?
no.
Sorry if I'm not making sense, could be this board is a bit different? I'll take a photo of the option in the bios Screen for reference and update this post shortly.
it is like it should.

IvanM07

Aug 28, 2022
Changing the filename worked! Thanks again! everything seems to be working and bifurcation options are in the bios now!

Reactions: RolloZ170

IroesStrongarm

Feb 12, 2024
Changing the filename worked! Thanks again! everything seems to be working and bifurcation options are in the bios now!
Hey, it's been a few months and wanted to check in and see how that bios has been treating you and if its still stable? I just got this board myself for my home lab and need bifurcation.

IvanM07

Aug 28, 2022
Hey, it's been a few months and wanted to check in and see how that bios has been treating you and if its still stable? I just got this board myself for my home lab and need bifurcation.
It worked fine for me, the bios will show some options that won't work for the board however. Both PCI-E devices are only 8x and the board will show x4x4x4x4 as an option for a particular slot for example.

I had wanted to use it as a 4-port for U.2 NVMe. I ended up just using a CEACENT ANU04PE16 to split the devices.

I ended up selling the Board for an AsRock D2143D8UM for the newer CPU and more memory capacity, but lost the LSI 3008 Controller. So it's a bit of a frankenstein now with the Mezzanine card being a SFP+, P2200 Quadro in the first PCIe Slot, LSI3008 in the M.2 NVME slot, and CEACENT ANU04PE16 for the NVME Drives.

IroesStrongarm

Feb 12, 2024
It worked fine for me, the bios will show some options that won't work for the board however. Both PCI-E devices are only 8x and the board will show x4x4x4x4 as an option for a particular slot for example.
Hey, thanks for the response. Glad that you found it stable, even if it presented an incompatible option.

I plan to use an HBA I already have in the top slot as the system I'm swapping it into is already wired with the 8087 connector and I don't want to rewire (also have cooling solved on that card).

I want to bifurcate the bottom slot to connect two nvme drives in a carrier card without having to get a card that has a plx bridge on it.