Any video geeks out there?

Discussion in 'STH Suggestions and Updates' started by Patrick, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

As STH enters its 11th year next week, one of the items that I want to, at least slowly, start to work on is getting more video content on the site.

My theory is this. Today, we do not have many in the < 24-year-old bracket for readership, which makes a lot of sense with our demographics. Looking 3 years in the future, I think a demographic that looks to video will start moving into our domain. I do not want to be at zero in three years.

Cameras I am trying:
    • Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
    • Blackmagic Studio 4K with Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio 4K
    • Blackmagic Production Camera 4K EF
    • Canon XC15
    I have been a Canon shooter so I also ordered a few new lenses and the Metabones EF to MFT adapter to try.

I now have a fairly good set of Rhode mics and lights as well.

My plan is to try doing more than my once a month or quarter posts and to do some more videos beyond just screen captures. Just grow the ServeTheHomeVideo audience a bit more. ServeTheHomeVideo (almost to 5K subs)

Any other cameras in this range I should be looking at? I will likely be doing 1080 video, but I want at least 4k30 in the event that I want to go that direction later. Wendell had another recommendation. I went on an hour walk around Taipei with Linus Friday and his vote of the bunch was the BMPCC 4K.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    RageBone and GuybrushThreepwood like this.