Any body know where to get Threadripper/Epyc T20 Torex Driver in 4 days?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

srekar

Oct 19, 2023
I am building an Epyc Server for which, I need to install 7302P processor and need Torex Driver. Ordered one from China but it is shipped late and wont come in time, Any one here knows where to get one faster in US?

srekar

Oct 19, 2023
Are they accurate enough to trust? Don't want to destroy the board or processor :)

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
The torque driver thing is kind of bogus anyway, in practice just tighten the screws until they bottom out but don't wail on them and it'll be fine. The ILM has springs which set the clamping force so it's not like you're relying on tiny deformations in the socket mechanism set by the screw torque to make the pads contact.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
The torque driver thing is kind of bogus anyway, in practice just tighten the screws until they bottom out but don't wail on them and it'll be fine.
Wondering how many people damaged systems while testing zen 1 epyc/threadripper engineering samples to force AMD to come up with these torx drivers :D

Reactions: NablaSquaredG

hmw

Apr 29, 2019

Been using this for EPYC and Skylake. Had to grab a T30 bit (only for Skylake) because it doesn’t come with one. Also using an extension bit from some DeWalt set. It’s all metal and high quality.

Also- try using TPCM instead of normal heatsink grease. It’s great for handling large server CPUs.

Last edited: