Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

Discussion in 'Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets' started by Klee, Jan 14, 2018.

  1. Klee

    Klee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Messages:
    1,187
    Likes Received:
    353
    I heard about it noon Saturday.

    It's a cryptonote based coin that the dev's are comparing it to doge coin, the same kind of not so serious start that doge coin had.

    So I mined for a little over 24 hours with 8.5 KH/s and here is my result:

    [wallet TRTLuw]: balance
    2018-Jan-14 21:25:23.124638 INFO available balance: 1350420.00, locked amount: 0.00

    1,350,420 coins in a little over a day. :D

    The network dificulty was about 50KH/s when I started and it went over 1.3 MH/s a time or two.

    Its Turtlecoin, TRTL if your interested.

    I really don't think its going anywhere soon but just in case it does I got me some.
     
    #1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    alex_stief, ehorn and ServeTheSam like this.
  2. Klee

    Klee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Messages:
    1,187
    Likes Received:
    353
  3. hifijames

    hifijames New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2017
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    7
    Played a little, payment history shows that I got paid 80K trtl, but wallet only shows balance of 10K, which is 1 payment only. And the block height is current. It appears that only the latest transaction can be seen in the wallet.
     
    #3
  4. Klee

    Klee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Messages:
    1,187
    Likes Received:
    353
    Have you tried to rescan the blockchain?
     
    #4
  5. Klee

    Klee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Messages:
    1,187
    Likes Received:
    353
    Update:

    [wallet TRTLuw]: balance
    2018-Jan-17 15:10:38.769809 INFO available balance: 4634658.00, locked amount: 0.00

    4,634,658.00 LOL
     
    #5
  6. Klee

    Klee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Messages:
    1,187
    Likes Received:
    353
    I'll think i'm going to stop at ~10 million and then forget about them for a couple of years.
     
    #6
  7. Joel

    Joel Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2015
    Messages:
    806
    Likes Received:
    155
    Buying a lottery ticket I see. 99.99% chance it'll be worthless. But that 0.01%... :)
     
    #7
  8. hifijames

    hifijames New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2017
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    7
    OK, RESET did the trick. Thanks!
     
    #8
    gigatexal likes this.
  9. gigatexal

    gigatexal I'm here to learn

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2012
    Messages:
    2,676
    Likes Received:
    493
    How are you mining this in Docker? Or something else?
     
    #9
  10. polyfractal

    polyfractal Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2016
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    27
    Haha yep. I mined ~400k the other day because why not. Almost certainly a waste of 12 hours of electricity but might as well :)
     
    #10
    gigatexal likes this.
  11. Joel

    Joel Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2015
    Messages:
    806
    Likes Received:
    155
    STH docker images point to a specific pool. This one you can manually configure with a config.txt, same as running xmr-stak on Windows.

    https://hub.docker.com/r/minecoins/xmr-stak-cpu/
     
    #11
    David Perez and gigatexal like this.
  12. Dean

    Dean Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2015
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    8
    Doesn't play with AMD cards. Followed their tutorial, synced up and ran the miner. AMD feature disabled.. or some closely worded error as such.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
     
    #12
  13. Joel

    Joel Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2015
    Messages:
    806
    Likes Received:
    155
    You should be able to use any cryptonight (XMR) mining program. Just get a wallet and point at the pool.
     
    #13
  14. Dean

    Dean Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2015
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    8
    Yea, exactly what I figured. Guess I'll try a different pool. Although, after setting the miner, you know how to edit the pool you want to point to? Didn't give me the option.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
     
    #14
  15. BThunderW

    BThunderW Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2013
    Messages:
    237
    Likes Received:
    25
    Few years ago I mined a handful of shitcoins and had few thousand/million of each. When I got back into mining last year I looked them all up, most of the have completely disappeared. For most the wallet couldn't even find any nodes so I couldn't even check the balance.
     
    #15
  16. gigatexal

    gigatexal I'm here to learn

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2012
    Messages:
    2,676
    Likes Received:
    493
    You just need one to get to a buck and then the OP has 500k


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    #16
  17. Klee

    Klee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Messages:
    1,187
    Likes Received:
    353
    I'ts on an exchange already, and network hashrate skyrocketed.

    The pool I'm using has not had a block in about 7 hours.

    So I am done with mining it.
     
    #17
  18. ehorn

    ehorn Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2012
    Messages:
    333
    Likes Received:
    51
    #18
  19. jetbird

    jetbird New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2017
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    4
    Klee,

    Thanks for the heads up on this one. How do you find out about new coins like this?

    Cheers,

    Jeff
     
    #19
  20. Klee

    Klee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Messages:
    1,187
    Likes Received:
    353
    I'm back to mining, moved to another pool.
     
    #20
Similar Threads: Another coin
Forum Title Date
Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets Good Bitcoin roles for data scientists? Jul 11, 2018
Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets Eastern Washington and Bitcoin Mining Mar 16, 2018
Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets John Oliver Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Video #HODLGANG Mar 13, 2018
Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets Liquidating Coins - what's the current best method? Feb 25, 2018
Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets Cryptocoin performance history Feb 24, 2018

Share This Page