Another big life change

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So some big news. We closed on a new house today. Going from awesome optical networking to something pretty meager 2011 era powerline networking. Yikes!

Tomorrow we are looking at a bigger studio space closer to the new house.

Big changes happening!

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
Moving is always a massive project - and you are technically moving twice, both your home and Business!! Hopefully everything goes smooth Patrick!

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Congrats on the new house. I fully expect you re-wire it As soon as possible.
Get much more boxes for packing household stuff than you think you need. You're going to need them.

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
Ah, another tip is to include a UID on each box, that you mark that it left the old house, and that it arrived at the new house and is inside. easy to tell if boxes are missing, especially if you are using a third party moving service.

You can even denote the location the box came from, and goes to in this way.

ano

Nov 7, 2022
new house is fun! I managed to fit 3! racks in my new (to me house) (but 1 going out after some discussion with gf) ;) always start with too many!

10g fiber is coming in a few days, and internal smf for 40 & 100g homelab incoming.. ohh yes!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Moving is always a massive project - and you are technically moving twice, both your home and Business!! Hopefully everything goes smooth Patrick!
Actually 3x because my wife’s lease is up on her old Manhattan apartment. Moving to Texas with a big moving company some went missing.

@BoredSysadmin Yes. Re-wiring will happen. First paint and such.

@Marsh not to CA, but closer. Scottsdale.

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
Actually 3x because my wife’s lease is up on her old Manhattan apartment. Moving to Texas with a big moving company some went missing.

@BoredSysadmin Yes. Re-wiring will happen. First paint and such.

@Marsh not to CA, but closer. Scottsdale.
Having stuff Disappear during a move is frustrating, and especially with a moving company involved can leave you doubting yourself. "Did I pack that thing? or did it fail to be delivered, IE, "lost"? "

I feel that moving with something where you can label and count the boxes, and in some way Identify if the boxes were opened in transit (LIke that tape that lets you know if it was opened, stuff like that).

Then again, I am pretty distrustful of moving companies; too many horror stories of them either holding your stuff hostage, or things falling off the truck, so to speak.

Hopefully those "Missing" items show up man

Reactions: Patrick

pimposh

hardware pimp
Nov 19, 2022
You got rare chance to throw away all the unused stuff that was supposed to be used since the last move.
Only when you throw them away will they be needed. :)

Reactions: Patrick