AMD Ryzen Dedicated Server (2 Locations Required)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021
Hello,

I am currently looking for the best deals I can get for 2 Windows Dedicated Servers. My preferred configuration is a single 5950X per location but will consider multiple lower end servers if the price is right. Normally the 5950X option will work out the best due to only a single Windows license required. Chicago is my preferred location but if the price is a lot better, I might consider Dallas and Kansas.

Locations

1x Chicago USA (preferred) or Kansas City USA or Dallas USA
1x UK or Germany or France

Configurations Options
  • 1x AMD Ryzen 5950X with 128GB RAM, 1TB SSD (preferred)
  • 2x AMD Ryzen 5900X with 64GB Ram, 512GB SSD
  • 2x AMD Ryzen 3950X with 64GB Ram, 512GB SSD
  • 2x AMD Ryzen 3900X with 64GB Ram, 512GB SSD
  • 2x AMD Ryzen 5800X with 64GB Ram, 512GB SSD
Suggestions are welcome.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Hetzner AX101

Ryzen 5950X with 128G ECC.
Although it has 2*3.84TB SSD instead of just 1TB SSD. Still the price is insanely good (117,81 € including tax!)
(Windows license is not included)

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021
Hetzner AX101

Ryzen 5950X with 128G ECC.
Although it has 2*3.84TB SSD instead of just 1TB SSD. Still the price is insanely good (117,81 € including tax!)
(Windows license is not included)
Thanks, already looking at Hetzner for Germany. Good pricing excluding the higher than expected Windows license.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Perhaps you could use the Linux Kernel-based Virtual Machine for efficient virtualization of Windows and use your own license?

(Disclaimer: I haven't tried that yet, our external servers are Linux only)

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021
Perhaps you could use the Linux Kernel-based Virtual Machine for efficient virtualization of Windows and use your own license?

(Disclaimer: I haven't tried that yet, our external servers are Linux only)
Thanks for the suggestion but i would prefer not to use virtualization .

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Hetzner offers the use of an "on-request" KVM (appears to be Lantronix spiders), as mentioned here:

You could possibly use that to install Windows (they mention this further down on the page) with your own license.

Keep in mind that the AX101 is on pre-order (appears week 12 is the approx. delivery plan at the moment).

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021
Hetzner offers the use of an "on-request" KVM (appears to be Lantronix spiders), as mentioned here:

You could possibly use that to install Windows (they mention this further down on the page) with your own license.

Keep in mind that the AX101 is on pre-order (appears week 12 is the approx. delivery plan at the moment).
Thanks that might be an option. Dont think Hetzner price will be beaten easily and will be happy to wait for the location.

Just now need to work out the best US option now.

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021

Sadly, I think i will need to go down the SPLA route. Hetzner has got one of the worst pricing for Windows licensing I have ever seen. With the Windows license packaged into the Hetzner deal, i dont think it worth looking at anymore. Going to keep looking around.

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021
The wrong section here maybe? Or are you offering/wanting something? @Patrick
Not 100% sure if this was the best section but wanting the 5950X dedicated servers as mention in post.

Most likely a dedicated server offer but might consider a colocation. If someone can provide the parts and located near one of the DCs.

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021
I know the Serve The Home Community has some great ways of turning desktop hardware into servers and for this type of workload. AMD desktop CPUs i dont think can be beaten, which is why i posted it here. :)

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Here's another thought, that may be worth considering: You could buy and build the server(s) yourself and have it installed in a colocation site, my understanding is that you can usually have a server shipped to the DC and have the techs rack it.

RickyGaming

Feb 20, 2021
Here's another thought, that may be worth considering: You could buy and build the server(s) yourself and have it installed in a colocation site, my understanding is that you can usually have a server shipped to the DC and have the techs rack it.
Thanks for the suggestion but as i am not located near the DC, this will most likely not work out the most cost effective solution.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Well that depends on how long you want to use the server, the expected selling price when you want to upgrade at some point, cost for electricity, etc...