[advice] homeserver / lab with plex

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by ChrHansen, Dec 27, 2015.

1. gigatexal

gigatexal I'm here to learn

not sure what you mean. if you go with Gea's linked board you could get 64GB with 4 16GB ddr4 modules.

As for SSDs you could have 6 Sata spindles on the SAS controller and the same controller two SSDs in raid1 for the VMs. Just get some big SSDs, they're cheap now something like < 30Cents a gig.

2. ChrHansen

ChrHansen New Member

@gigatexal
    I was unclear, got pretty hooked on the board you showed me - if i can get at the price i saw plus the 2 x 2670 - I will be a happy wannabe nerd.

So found a few shops I need to call tomorrow, if that works out, I can order that right away.

The reason it needing to work out, is that I am in Europe and it only makes sense to but from an EU market.

Thank you again, will post an update tomorrow.

3. gigatexal

oh rad, makes sense. Nothing is ever really gained rushing anything. Start a new thread, or search the forums for recommended 2P motherboards, there are a good amount of non-US members that might chime in.

The price of the 2670s is just crazy now-days

4. ChrHansen

ChrHansen New Member

I know and it breaks my heart to be in a rush - but since it is a company buy (have a small company myself besides my job) and if i don't do it by december 31 st - I will loose a lot of benefits, since I will be personally taxable of the profits :) (Denmark over 50% tax).

In short if i buy now, I will not need to pay tax of the funds and get VAT returned.

T_Minus likes this.
  5. gigatexal

oh, well in that case, pull the trigger!