Adaptec 71605 IT mode guide

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
Can someone please share a good guide on how to flash my flash Adaptec 71605 for IT mode

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I have the series 8 version of the controller and with default settings there is nothing you need to do to use it in "it mode" (that's broadcom/lsi wording for passing the storage device directly through to the os).

If you have player around with the config it might be possible that the multilane sas ports are configured to raid mode (devices won't be exposed to os as long as there is no logical volume/device) or mixed mode (devices without raid meta data on them are exposed as raw devices aka "it mode")

Reactions: Harmony

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
I have the series 8 version of the controller and with default settings there is nothing you need to do to use it in "it mode" (that's broadcom/lsi wording for passing the storage device directly through to the os).

If you have player around with the config it might be possible that the multilane sas ports are configured to raid mode (devices won't be exposed to os as long as there is no logical volume/device) or mixed mode (devices without raid meta data on them are exposed as raw devices aka "it mode")
So the 1GB of cache wont cause issues if I use it for ZFS?

Reactions: Aluminat

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
No, because caching on the controlelr is not used when the device is directly exposed to the os.