8gb ddr3 ecc

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I've been buying HMT31GR7AFR4C-H9 from this seller. They were accepting offers of $20 back when they had the parts listed for $25, so you might want to try an offer in the $15 range.

Aside from a few 16GB parts mixed in by mistake :cool:, the parts have been as described. BTW, these have on-module thermal monitoring if you have a motherboard that supports that, like the Supermicro X8DTH-iF:

Reactions: T_Minus

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Why's it listed as 3rd party? Does that mean it's not really the Hynix part number but an equivalent?

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Why's it listed as 3rd party? Does that mean it's not really the Hynix part number but an equivalent?
EDIT: I meant the third link inn the thread, from deep discount servers, that lists the ram as:
HP 500205-071 HMT31GR7BFR4C-H9 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM ECC Reg

not the first link that lists as 3rd party ram

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
Def. a great price, but some people want 1600 and 1866 which can be had "Great Deal" ~12-13, which could be argued is a better buy :)
On that I'd agree, but where do you get 1600 or 1866 for those prices? I looked over eBay but only saw gobs of cheap 1333. 1600 and 1866 seem to be considerably more. I'd be all over some 1600 at those prices.

Reactions: NetWise

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
On that I'd agree, but where do you get 1600 or 1866 for those prices? I looked over eBay but only saw gobs of cheap 1333. 1600 and 1866 seem to be considerably more. I'd be all over some 1600 at those prices.

That's what a "Great Deal" is... it's not "all over" ebay, it's on for a few minutes, and then gone...

Lately people have been sharing deals that have been on ebay since Dec, that, IMHO is not a "Great Deal". YMMV but I shared the prices I consider a "Great Deal", what others consider a "Great Deal" seem to vary greatly :) and while a 'deal' they aren't so great, and are more like 'regular deals' you can get on used gear on ebay.

We all have different 'deal' definitions, and this is just my 02

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
That's what a "Great Deal" is... it's not "all over" ebay, it's on for a few minutes, and then gone...

Lately people have been sharing deals that have been on ebay since Dec, that, IMHO is not a "Great Deal". YMMV but I shared the prices I consider a "Great Deal", what others consider a "Great Deal" seem to vary greatly :) and while a 'deal' they aren't so great, and are more like 'regular deals' you can get on used gear on ebay.

We all have different 'deal' definitions, and this is just my 02
I disagree. What you're describing are eBay scores. A deals forum is for deals people can get. IMHO, An E5-2670 for sub $75 is a great deal regardless of it being "all over" eBay.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I disagree. What you're describing are eBay scores. A deals forum is for deals people can get. IMHO, An E5-2670 for sub $75 is a great deal regardless of it being "all over" eBay.
We can agree to disagree I'm sharing my thoughts and experience on `deals` and pricing.

It really only matters if you're happy with what you've paid for something call it what you like :)

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
looking at this, one could say there are "good deals" which benefit the forum members, trying to find items. Say memory at some % less than others. These are worth knowing about.
Conversely there are "great deals" where prices are a big % less than they are regularly or last week etc. These are also good for forum members as well.
Reasonable to have both of them together in one place, to enable sharing..
A specials THANKS to ALL of the STH members who share these excellent deals and information.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
looking at this, one could say there are "good deals" which benefit the forum members, trying to find items. Say memory at some % less than others. These are worth knowing about.
Conversely there are "great deals" where prices are a big % less than they are regularly or last week etc. These are also good for forum members as well.
Reasonable to have both of them together in one place, to enable sharing..
And a good deal may still be around if you only check the forum once a day, while a great deal will probably have sold out.

There's an old saying "A good deal is when both sides think they got the better part of the bargain"

Reactions: izx and T_Minus

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I just bought 8 8gb Hynix sticks for 17.50 delivered about a month ago. didn't think it was a deal, just reasonable.