8GB DDR3 ECC Memory Modules for SM X10SLM+-LN4F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

caveat lector

Jan 4, 2014
Oregon, USA
I am a bit frustrated trying to buy eight 8GB DDR3 ECC Memory Modules for a couple of SuperMicro X10SLM+-LN4F motherboards . I have had good results with Kingston memory, but SuperMicro doesn't include Kingston in their tested list and the modules that they list are not currently available from sellers I have dealt with. That leads to two questions:

1. http://www.superbiiz.com shows the listed Samsung 8GB modules in stock for $88.99, which seems suspiciously inexpensive. Have any of you purchased from them?

2. Is there reason to think that Kingston KVR16LE11/8EF DDR3L, 1600MHz, ECC, CL11, X8, 1.35V, Unbuffered, DIMM modules won't work fine, even though not included in SuperMicro's list?

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I have successfully used Kingston memory in a X10SLH-F, specifically: two KVR16E11/8I and two KVR16E11/8.

poto

May 18, 2013
I am a bit frustrated trying to buy eight 8GB DDR3 ECC Memory Modules for a couple of SuperMicro X10SLM+-LN4F motherboards . I have had good results with Kingston memory, but SuperMicro doesn't include Kingston in their tested list and the modules that they list are not currently available from sellers I have dealt with. That leads to two questions:

1. http://www.superbiiz.com shows the listed Samsung 8GB modules in stock for $88.99, which seems suspiciously inexpensive. Have any of you purchased from them?

2. Is there reason to think that Kingston KVR16LE11/8EF DDR3L, 1600MHz, ECC, CL11, X8, 1.35V, Unbuffered, DIMM modules won't work fine, even though not included in SuperMicro's list?
I have purchased cpu/ram/mb from superbiiz with no problems. They seem to be very security-conscious (or I appear very shifty), because they actually called me and verified security info before shipping 1st order.