530sfp+ Cross Flashing Connectx-3 Pro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Semowett

Oct 25, 2021
Being that the HPE 530SFP+ (DUAL SFP+) is hardware wise the same card as the Connectx-3 Pro's, do people find success cross flashing over to Mellanox MCX342A-XCPN, MCX342A-XCQN?

HPE seems to still be supporting this product so curious if cross flashing seems to be the go-to route? If so, is there any guides to cross flashing as I can't seem to grab any info though MST or flint to provide to for the flashing procedure.

Any info is appreciated!

TheRac25

May 30, 2023
additionally regarding mellanox part numbers, the third letter in the suffix being a C indicates cx3 pro version ie -FCCT dont know about Ps and Qs

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
Yes wait a minute, HPE 530SFP+ is a QLogic QLE3442-CU-CK not Mellanox. Also a good card imho, possibly cross-flashable from HPE to QLogic by modifying the PCI IDs and Sub-IDs with ediag. Incidentally I have a BCM957810A100G coming where I intend to do exactly that. That card is the only one known supporting SFP+ GPON fiber modules with 2.5 GBps in SFI mode.

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
Yes wait a minute, HPE 530SFP+ is a QLogic QLE3442-CU-CK not Mellanox. Also a good card imho, possibly cross-flashable from HPE to QLogic by modifying the PCI IDs and Sub-IDs with ediag. Incidentally I have a BCM957810A100G coming where I intend to do exactly that. That card is the only one known supporting SFP+ GPON fiber modules with 2.5 GBps in SFI mode.
And also 2.5 Gbps RJ45 modules (as I am currently doing this to my Xfinity XB7 gateway in bridge mode).

Semowett

Oct 25, 2021
So, basically the same as on BCM57810S.

I bought 2 CONNECTX-4 LX from two eBay sources. Received a legit card and then… this.
It seems I was hoping it it may find some use for RDMAv2 after a cross flash, oh well. Pretty sure the 544QSFP+ is what I was thinking about.

Last edited: