4P Skylake-SP Server Thoughts

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by Patrick, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Setting up a 4P Skylake-SP server this weekend.

Looking for a bit of feedback. Does anyone have specific content they want to see? Benchmark script run? Video taken?

These are usually big and a pain to get online so I figure I would ask and see if there is anything cool folks want us to do with it.

2. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

The only 1 workload that I can really think than makes sense is related to the 6TB ram support but that is a complex benchmark and handled by all the major OEM’s. (SAP HANA)

What workloads are normally going onto these scale up boxes other than a few very large DB’s ?

3. Kneelbeforezod

Kneelbeforezod Active Member

I'd love to see video benches like handbrake, Premiere, Powerdirector, and working with 4K or greater video.