3 CPU's not working after installed on one specific board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
There's a strange feeling inside me a defective mainboard or PSU broke all my spare CPUs.

I can remember I had all 3 spare CPUs in one specific board and testing while I tried to figure out what's wrong with this specific board, which wasn't posting. Later I had to realize it was the PSU who killed the board. These 3 CPUs' are 2630v3, 2630v4, and 2673v3. After the testing, I just kept all the 3 CPU's in the drawer not realizing they might be got killed. Now I tested all of them in a mainboard which I kept as a spare part and none of these CPUs works. The board works with other CPUs.

Can it be that a faulty PSU killed a motherboard and three CPUs at once? I never experienced something like that.

Any ideas and thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
I've had a bad power supply take out the CPUs, every stick of RAM, mainboard, and PCIE device. To be sure, I'd make sure the bios is the latest version on the testing system board.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I can access BMC and I was able to update bios and firmware. No problems there. Other CPUs work on this board. The board shows no readings etc. with these three CPUs and from the web menu, it's set as powered off while it's on, fans are spinning except for the CPU fan. So I suppose the board doesn't see any CPU?! Black screen. NO POST code.