1U, 2x E5 V1/V2, SAS1, 10x SFF - WIWYNN LYRA-M SV315 ~$100 w/free shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MultiUser

Jul 6, 2023
Great post @burly , hope you dont mind that I borrowed some of your info for another thread on the forums. It solved my question about the drive bay 4-7. Thanks so much. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.
So I got the C600 dongles in today and Plugged them in on the motherboard. I still am only seeing 5 drives. 0-3 and B0. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?
I thought I had the solution with the blue C600 keys... but for whatever reason nothing seems to have changed.

I should note that the bois says that Intel hardware key = NO

Possibly a bad key? <--- Big Possibility.

Okay, I tried the second key on my second SV315 and it is working just fine with all 10 Drives.
YAY!, Now I just have to figure out if it is a bad key or something else.
Yep one bad key, one good key. I didn't realize it but the keys are just plug and play.
If you plug in the key and have your bios set correctly, you should instantly get the other 4 drives activated.
Hopefully someone will be saved some trouble by seeing this post. IDK.

Last edited:

MultiUser

Jul 6, 2023
does anyone know where I can find a manual for this setup?

I "unintentionally" unplugged a sata data cable while the machine was on and the machine went nuts. The thing restarted on me and started with some beeps and the fans are on overdrive. I tried a quick reset with the button and it seems to do nothing no matter how many times I push it or how long I hold it. I also tried removing the coin cell on the MB as well as removing power for a few minutes to try to get a good reset. That didnt seem to work either. Upon boot I get a series of beeps, I think the sequence is 444 or 544, or 644. I cannot decipher the first 1 -2 beeps if they are in sequence or just a startup beep/s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if you have a manual can you please pass on a copy.

Thanks in advance.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
does anyone know where I can find a manual for this setup?

I "unintentionally" unplugged a sata data cable while the machine was on and the machine went nuts. The thing restarted on me and started with some beeps and the fans are on overdrive. I tried a quick reset with the button and it seems to do nothing no matter how many times I push it or how long I hold it. I also tried removing the coin cell on the MB as well as removing power for a few minutes to try to get a good reset. That didnt seem to work either. Upon boot I get a series of beeps, I think the sequence is 444 or 544, or 644. I cannot decipher the first 1 -2 beeps if they are in sequence or just a startup beep/s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if you have a manual can you please pass on a copy.

Thanks in advance.
Just look for intel s2600gz

MultiUser

Jul 6, 2023
Thanks for the info!
I still cannot figure out the error though.
Does anyone have any pointers? Anytime I give the machine power, it boots up to a blank screen, fans on full blast, No BIOS, No Nothing.
What could I have done by pulling out a sata cable while it was running. Could my motherboard be toast at this point?
I just have and amber light on the front that indicates some kind of error but it seems like it wont reset. left overnight with CMOS battery out and power disconnected. Reset button not doing anything it seems. Still same issues. HELP!

MultiUser

Jul 6, 2023
It may be worth noting that if I hold the reset button and apply power it goes into some sort of mode. The blue light on the front and back flash very rapidly, still no other signs of life, (besides the fans). But I thought maybe someone would have some insight into what I need to do to get this machine back working again.

Oh yeah, in the blue blinky mode the power button works if I hold it down 5 sec. to shutdown and push to start back into blinky mode.

MultiUser

Jul 6, 2023
Yeah, its fried. End of the Story. Haha

The expensive moral of the story, dont unplug cables when a machine is running. Not everything is hot swappable.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Have you checked that a DIMM didn't get bumped? This sounds like it could be something like that...

MultiUser

Jul 6, 2023
Have you checked that a DIMM didn't get bumped? This sounds like it could be something like that...
I turned it off and unplugged / reseated all the RAM. is that what you mean?

Come to think of it , the cable ran right next to a Ram Chip so it is possible that it got bumped.
How would I recover from that?

Unfortunately the manual says that amber colored lights pretty much mean the system is toast.
Beep Code 1-5-4-4 which indicates some kind of power failure. So Im all over the place. IDK.

I attempted a BIOS recovery but without any screen response, I would say it is a goner.

Last edited:

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
I turned it off and unplugged / reseated all the RAM. is that what you mean?

Come to think of it , the cable ran right next to a Ram Chip so it is possible that it got bumped.
How would I recover from that?

Unfortunately the manual says that amber colored lights pretty much mean the system is toast.
Beep Code 1-5-4-4 which indicates some kind of power failure. So Im all over the place. IDK.

I attempted a BIOS recovery but without any screen response, I would say it is a goner.
What are these indicators showing?
Can you access the BMC, even with power off?
Try to simplify the system, pull all but 1 dimm for each CPU, pull the riser cards, and generally simplify it.
1689429145144.png