$175 480GB Toshiba THNSNJ480PCS3/ HK3R Enterprise SATA SSD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Offer accepted. Now to get the trays and maybe a second PSU. I do sort of wish this case had space for at least 2 3.5" drives. I'm probably better off sticking them in a replication server anyway.

Thanks PigLover and everyone else :)
I was thinking to get this Lot of 10 Used SATA SAS 2 5 inch HDD Caddy Tray 05 SC97335 XX00C001 Great Cond | eBay , if the SM case seller did not send me caddies(due on seller response to me that caddies/trays were included, which not correct, and they shipped 24 caddies free. )

Seller counter-offer for item# 121499957494 was $7.50 each(10 pieces) (). the quantity was 3 ( 30 caddies). total 22.5+ ~14(shipping) = 36.50 ish..

good luck!

something_easy

Feb 25, 2014
Just got mine today. Question if anyone knows the drive shows that its only been powered on 6 times before me, but looking at the smart info A9 is showing a total bad block count of 64 as the raw value. I want to assume that this a good thing and that it will count down to 0, but Toshiba's site isn't very conducive to seeing how they do their smart data (or any updated firmware) and for anyone else wondering mine is out of warranty.

Attachments

Reactions: Patriot and Patrick

Nik

Jan 9, 2015
Hey all,

Can anyone confirm if these trays 05-SC97335-XX00C001 will actually fit the CSE-216A without issues? I'm sitting on an offer for those right now and there's 0 info on the interweb on that part number.

Thanks.

tubeamps

Dec 1, 2014
Hey all,

Can anyone confirm if these trays 05-SC97335-XX00C001 will actually fit the CSE-216A without issues? I'm sitting on an offer for those right now and there's 0 info on the interweb on that part number.

Thanks.
Yes. I ordered 216 and trays from the link and they work together.

Reactions: Nik

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Just got mine today. Question if anyone knows the drive shows that its only been powered on 6 times before me, but looking at the smart info A9 is showing a total bad block count of 64 as the raw value. I want to assume that this a good thing and that it will count down to 0, but Toshiba's site isn't very conducive to seeing how they do their smart data (or any updated firmware) and for anyone else wondering mine is out of warranty.
Hi something_easy. How have you found the drive and bad block sectors? I purchased several from same seller for a future project.
(With SSD's, can you run 'check disc' in Windows and 'attempt to repair bad sectors' and/or flag with the O/S the bad sectors? To avoid writing there in the future.)

Nik

Jan 9, 2015
OK, so turns out the ebay seller that had a lot of these had only 10 left. Still need 14 .... sigh...

Anyone know of any other trays that may fit this chassis? The 05-SC97335-XX00C001 are nowhere to be found for reasonable money.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014

something_easy

Feb 25, 2014
Hi something_easy. How have you found the drive and bad block sectors? I purchased several from same seller for a future project.
(With SSD's, can you run 'check disc' in Windows and 'attempt to repair bad sectors' and/or flag with the O/S the bad sectors? To avoid writing there in the future.)
Well that's part of the problem, since I can't find anything on how Toshiba does their SMART or firmware, I have no clue if its supposed to be 64 and count down, or will continue to count up. Windows hasn't thrown any errors so far but I will give it another once over.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Well that's part of the problem, since I can't find anything on how Toshiba does their SMART or firmware, I have no clue if its supposed to be 64 and count down, or will continue to count up. Windows hasn't thrown any errors so far but I will give it another once over.
Thanks something_easy for your feedback. I'd be interested to know how you go with these drives. Cheers :]]

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Appreciate it but not available to Canada... :(
What if you use 'Shipito' or another USA freight handler (like 'MyUSA') and have the goods sent there and then forward them to Canada?