1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UCN LAB update 2017 video

Discussion in 'DIY Server and Workstation Builds' started by whitey, Jan 10, 2017.

1. whitey

whitey Moderator

Figured I'd post a short'ish video of the state of my lab early 2017.

ownCloud

May have to download, locally it 'just plays' but I dunno how well that streams. Should probably try to re-encode down small and run it through handbrake.

ENJOY, sorry for lighting (headlamp madness, I know go ahead and laugh but it's pretty dark where my lab sits in the corner of my basement). Fair warning, I'm a video production n00b.

EDIT: re-encoded to 720p30frames web optimized, down to 5mb now from 330mb LOL, thank you handbrake!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    cperalt1, MiniKnight and britinpdx like this.
  2. MiniKnight

MiniKnight Well-Known Member

Can I like for substance and second like for making it almost Blair Witch Project shakes? ;)

I've gotta imagine STH has users too young and too old to know what that is.

CreoleLakerFan likes this.
  3. whitey

whitey Moderator

LMFAO, yeah as professed I am a video production rookie, that was taken from my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone camera obviously, blood sugar must have been low w/ da shakes :-D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  4. TuxDude

TuxDude Well-Known Member

Looks nice, though personally I prefer a text format with pictures for that type of thing. Makes it easier to link to specific products and to reference later.

5. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

@MiniKnight I think you are right. If there was a ghost or the like that popped out after about 60 seconds it would become a youtube hit.

6. whitey

whitey Moderator

Don't make me 'doctor' this vid HAH

The basement over in that corner IS dark/spooky :-D

EDIT: What do you gents use for vid production like this, a GoPro Hero w/ a stand or something else?