sas3008

1. P

sas3ircu for VMWare ESXi 8.0U1a / way to monitor RAID array health

I am trying to get sas3ircu working on VMWare ESXi 8.0U1a to monitor raid1 boot volume health. I have tried basically all of the VIB files I could find, none of them install due to the missing checksum: $ esxcli software vib install -v /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/sas3/vmware-esx-sas3ircu.vib...
  2. U

LSI SAS3008 HBA high temperature ?

Hi all, I recently bought a SuperMicro AOC-S3008L-L8e HBA (LSI SAS3008 based with IT firmware) and plugged it in a home made NAS build with limited air cooling to keep everything quiet. Monitoring the SAS3008 ROC (Raid On Chip) device using storcli utility shows a rather high 65 °C / 149 °F...
  3. MrCalvin

SAS controller read/write to disks once every second?

I have a Fujitsu CP400i x8 SAS controller (LSI SAS3008 based). As soon the controller has initialized (when the PC's BIOS/UEFI initialize) I can hear the disks "clicks" (heads make a move) once every second. So this is not a driver or OS issue, this is on the controller level. I have SATA disks...
  4. MrCalvin

Fujitsu SAS-3008 RAID contr. on ESX host...how to manage?

I just got a FUJITSU CP400i x8 RAID controller (SAS-3008 based) as I found out the Intel SATA controller (C232 chipset) seem to have some driver issues both on Hyper-V and ESX ....but that's another story, but nevertheless interesting. Fujitsu have a RAID manager called Server View RAID that...