md1200

1. I

FS: Updated: 1x Dell Poweredge MD1200 DAS's w/ PERC H800 1GB HBA's, 2TB Drives, w/ spare parts and cables

Would like to sell my 2x 1x Dell Poweredge MD1200 DAS's w/ PERC H800 1GB HBA, 2TB Drives, with spare parts, and cables. Both units I purchased used and have been using them for two years in a smoke free home. The units and their drives ran in my house (air and humidity controlled space) during...
  2. R

Dell MD1200 JBOD (zfs) LSI SAS HBA support?

I am trying to add a JBOD DAS to my dell R620 server which is using ZFS (not hardware raid). I have an HBA flashed to it-mode (LSI 9217E1I1 with 2118 it firmware) which is connected to the internal r620s backplane with the additioan external MiniSAS intended for the JBOD DAS. I am considering...
  3. P

Dell H830 SAS RAID and Dell PowerVault MD1200

I have a Dell R710 home server with a Dell PERC H830 SAS RAID adapter in it. I'm looking to add an MD1200 to my collection and trying to figure out whether it will work. I'm not concerned if it's supported. I only want to know if it will work at all. First off, Dell says the H830 won't work...
  4. D

MD1200 vs SA120

Hey Guys, I have purchased a Dell R720 server (unfortunately it was the 2.5" drive variety which has 16 slots) and I have a BUNCH of Enterprise SAS and Normal Sata 3.5" drives already in my possession. I was actually hoping to just use the R720 as my storage platform instead of adding any...