100gbe

1. J

Trying to saturate 100 gbe (with optane), 3rd gen xeon with optane dimms VS something ddr5 and optane U.2 drive array

Howdy guys. I haven't posted here much, but I figured that you people are some of the most knowledgeable about homelab setups and optane so this would be the place to go. I'm getting ready to build out a nas for my homelab. I was previously just using a ryzen chip and motherboard. I'm looking...
  2. B

EXPIRED QuantaMesh BMS T4048-IX8 - Broadcom oem variant 6 x 100/ 48 x 25gbe switch for sub 600$

I've been hunting for 100gbe switch for a while just to play with. And i have managed to find this switch. The person below sells it for a fraction of the original retail price. Quanta IX8 BES-53248A1-G1-16E1 System 8 Bit Port Network Switch 115200 Baud Rate | eBay I purchesed the same switch...
  3. VMman

What's a good used 100G switch these days?

Hi All, I would like some advice, I'm looking to setup a ceph storage cluster to learn with and I wanted to skip 40G and go for something more exotic like 100G :cool: What is a good value switch that can still be used and has some life left? I see some Edge-Core AS7712-32X listed on ebay for...
  4. A

[FS] [US-MN] C-Payne PCIe Bifurcation card x8x8 2 side

Getting rid of some miscellaneous equipment, let me know if you have any questions. 1. Mellanox ConnectX-6 CX653105A single port 100GBE QSFP28 PCIe 3.0 x16 - sold on eBay 2. Two Mellanox ConnectX-4 CX455A single port 100GBE QSFP28 PCIe 3.0 x16 cards with two CWDM4 LC transceivers - sold on...
  5. B

Nokia WBX 210 32x-100gbe QSFP28 switch

Hello STH I have recently purchased the above switch from local recycling company, knowing that this switch runs ONIE I was mistakenly thinking I can install any Linux network distro, but unfortunately it's not possible, it looks like it's only supports Nuage. Did I just got a useless high-end...
  6. L

Tuning ESXi 6.5 (and above) for 100 GbE networking

I just got my first 100G network set up last night with two Connect-X 5 cards connecting my TrueNAS box to my ESXi 6.5 box. Out of the box, it works acceptably (80 Gbits/sec via iperf2). I've seen some articles that cover tweaks that can be made on the TrueNAS (FreeBSD) side to bring down CPU...
  7. N

Getting a 100gbe link between Celstica DX010 and Mellanox ConnectX-4?

Howdy! I've got a Celestica SeaStone DX010 running SONiC, which is working well with a couple QSFP+ 40gbe AOCs and ConnectX-3 adapters. I've picked up a few ConnectX-4 adapters (HP 840QSFP28, CX455A) and three different brands of DACs - but I can't get a link to come up at 100gbe. If I...
  8. AveryFreeman

Accelerated packet pushers, e.g. XDP vs DPDK - what do you use, and why?

@mmx01 I have a VM running VyOS I'm using as a packet pusher for a storage network. I'd like to offload it to an old E3 board I'm using as an OPNsense router. But my storage network is 40Gbps, and it's impossible for even a fast board to get that kind of throughput, let alone a dual core E3...
  9. A

FS: UniFi XG-16, Mellanox SX6036 & SN2700

UniFi 16-XG "Beta" This is from the original "beta" sale. Includes 12x SFP+ modules $475 + shipping Mellanox SX6036: includes 56Gbe ethernet license & rackmount kit. $995 obo + shipping SN2700 Datasheet Quoted from Mellanox: SN2700 Spectrum-based 32-port 100GbE Open Ethernet Platform...
  10. Jerry Renwick

How to add 40/100Gbps services to a existing metro network without affecting legacy installation?

The existing 10GbE network is adequate for my data center now, but the 40Gbps and 100Gbps applications have been on the market for some time. So for future proofing, how to add 40Gbps and 100Gbps services to a existing metro network without affecting the legacy installation? I really need some...