Search results

1. D

How to build a Dot HillFC 4824 equivalent?

>I want to build from parts off ebay and fresh new SAS drives. >FC 16Gbps out to my linux box with atto celerity fc card. >Is it possible to use an old chassis, a new backplane and FC cards? Also I would love to keep it whisper quite. Is it doable?? Or is it best to buy a supermicro chassis...
  2. D

16x 600GB 10K SAS in raid question

I finally got myself a fractal design define XL and 4x icydock bays for sas drives and 16x 2.5"m 600K seagate drives. another 15 more drives on the way. I am planning to have 16x sas on my areca 1882ix-16 and stripe 15 of em on raid5 inside centOS7.2 for use with flame. Will it be ok? I have...
  3. D

24x 2.5 600GB sas drives in 5.25 bays CMStormTrooper

Hi All, I am looking at building a new rig with 24x sas drives 2.5" 15mm 600GB drives inside a CMStormtrooper case. I already know of the Icydock 4x2.5 bay for 15mm drives to slot into the 5.25 bays. Thats 80-100$ a cage. I was wondering if there is any known cheaper alternative that works in...
  4. D

Changing raid card: Supermicro 3108L to LSI 9631

My friends raid controller failed and we send back the card to replace but RMA is taking too long and the reseller gave us an LSI 9631. Is it suppose to autodetect the existing raid ? or do we have to import the raid into the new card? can it cause data loss?? suppose if we try to import and...
  5. D

areca 188x vs 168x vs 128x

what is the difference?? will there is speed/performance difference?? if i want to get a 16/24 port internal raid card to give me min latency io performance, what model should i get? atto? areca? lsi? thanks in advance. i am sort of newbie with a single 1882i with 8x4tb drives hooked to it. i...