Search results

1. K

Supermicro H11SSL-i not detecting all RAM

Update: The seller isn't able to send 2 more similar to the ones I have working due to lack of stock. I have been refunded the price of 2 sticks, I kept the 2 sticks that work and I'm gonna return the 6 that are not working.
  2. K

I just did the test by removing all the ram sticks, nothing, at least on the iKVM from the IPMI WebGUI. Here is a screen-recording: https://cdn.karbust.com/BedO8/GaPAVeNa00.mp4/raw The video started after I removed all the RAM sticks, I left it there for a bit to see if anything would popup...
  3. K

I assumed that, since I don't even need the machine to be powered on to access it. In there there is also no mention to memory errors anywhere. On the Hardware Information page they didn't appear. On the Server Health -> Sensor Readings the memory slots would show information though. I can...
  4. K

No, I didn't see any errors. Another thing, when I was testing the first 4 sticks, when I only had any of those 4 in the slots it wouldn't even POST, just a black screen, no errors. I was still able to access the BMC/IPMI page.
  5. K

Yesterday I went around the BIOS searching for logs/events but wasn't able to find anything related to memory errors. By any chance do you know where I could find that?
  6. K

Update: Yesterday I received the other 2 new DIMMs and, unfortunately, they are not detected. I went ahead and tested (again) the 2 slots where I put them, they are definitely working (I also put the 2 new sticks on B1 and D1 to test, didn't work): At this point I'm out of ideas of what...
  7. K

Update: Just received the new DIMMs, unfortunately the seller only sent 2, waiting to ear from them about the other 2. Both sticks worked, and are being detected:
  8. K

The seller answered yesterday to my issue asking if I would like a replacement or a refund. I asked for a replacement, still waiting for an answer. I will give it out after the process is finished, with feedback.
  9. K

If they worked by themselves I would consider it a problem, but since not even that happens, they must be faulty. I’m waiting for a reply from the seller on eBay, if I don’t get one will just have to do a return and ask eBay for help. Like I said on my first post, the seller has good reputation...
  10. K

They appear to be Okay from the outside, here are front and back pictures: For some reason the second image is not appearing on the preview, here are the links to both images: https://cdn.karbust.com/BedO8/TaXeXIcO29.jpg/raw https://cdn.karbust.com/BedO8/wUzaTilA82.jpg/raw They did come...
  11. K

Finished all my tests and here are the results: test - only 2 new sticks (DC0) on A1 and C1 - Failed (No POST) test - only 2 new sticks (MB1) on A1 and C1 - Failed (No POST) test - only new sticks on A1, C1, E1 and G1 - Failed (No POST) test - 2 new sticks (DC0) (E1 and G1) with 2 "old" ones...
  12. K

Those are the same model I already have working, here are screenshots of the DIMMs that are currently in use. I made sure to buy new ones with the same part number, size and speed.
  13. K

I will check the value of the RAMs I already have on the system to see if it matches.
  14. K

How do I check that? I bought the same model as the ones I already have (M386A4G40DM0-CPB). This are the new sticks (both images):
  15. K

Thank you for the tip, I will try it later today after work, maybe I screwed up, but it is really weird the "old" rams working on all slots and the new ones not even being detected on the slots that I know are working.
  16. K

Someone else suggested that on my reddit post but, the thing is, the slots are working, at least with the DIMMs I currently have, I tried all the slots with the dimms I have just to test if it is a problem with the slot or the RAM. I'm currently using slots A1, C1, E1 and G, as recommended by...
  17. K

Hello, I mounted my server back in December with a Supermicro H11SSL-i (rev 2.0), a AMD EPYC 7551P and 128GB of RAM (4x 32GB M386A4G40DM0-CPB). In February I bought another 128GB (4x 32GB M386A4G40DM0-CPB) from eBay, being sold as new and their package was also sealed (the anti-static bag)...