Search results

1. V

ESXi 7.0 System sensor display "No sensor" on Supermicro X10DAi board

Haha really? I can't find the IPMI in the manual, so does that mean it isn't supported? So, is there any way I can read the sensor data?
  2. V

ESXi 7.0 System sensor display "No sensor" on Supermicro X10DAi board

Have anyone experienced this problem? "This system has no IPMI capabilities, you may need to install a driver to enable sensor data to be retrieved." FWIW, in the BIOS setting I can't find the IPMI tab
  3. V

[SOLVE] ESXI 7.0U3: Passthrough Supermicro X10 onboard sata controller to TrueNas VM?

Spec: Supermicro X10Dai motherboard SSD1 (boot SSD) connects to Sata port 9, SSD2 connect to Sata port 3 I read the manual, and I understand that this board have 2 different sata controllers: SATA and sSATA and currently my SSD1 is connected to sSATA, while SSD2 connected to SATA So the...
  4. V

Tagged vlan for motherboard ethernet port and ESXi

Interesting, I’ve nerver heard of Distributed Virtual Switch. Definitely will look into that.
  5. V

Nvm, I was just really dumb. I misconfigured the VLAN trunk to 99 on my switch o_O
  6. V

Seems like I did the same thing (?), can you check my screenshot? I don't know if I misconfig something in the switch or the ESXi
  7. V

Do you mean this? ESXi doesn't allow me to choose the vmnic0, which is used for switch0
  8. V

Router switch: Edgerouter X SFP Mobo: Supermicro x10 DAi Os: ESXi My ESXi server will run 2 types of VM: VM for public and VM for private Currently all my devices are on the same vlan. I want to separate a vlan 30 for the public vm Can I achieve this with a single eth port on my mobo? I've set...
  9. V

Need help with redesigning my home network

Haha thanks! I'll definitely look into Ubiquiti gears! Really appreciate the diagram suggestion.
  10. V

Sorry, in total it should be around $300 to $350. The price and the concept of cheap/expensive are different from country to country, so I think I will give an example of what I can buy with my budget in my country. For reference, with that budget, I can afford 2 Asus RT-AX1800HP (~$60 per 1...
  11. V

Wow, that's really detailed write-up. For context, I live in Vietnam, and enterprise-grade devices are not really common here. Budget: let's say I can afford 2 Asus RT-AX1800HP (~$60 per 1 here) and 2 TP-Link TL-SG108E (~$34.48 per 1 here). I can also buy used devices. My budget is flexible (+...
  12. V

I want to redesign my home network to: Segregate devices into 3 VLANs: Main Devices (TVs, PCs, phones, server), IoT Devices, Cameras Have good wifi coverage and good internet speed to stream movies (I'll set up a Plex server) Use ISP as modem only, and set up another main router. All of my...