Search results

1. N

Drive trays compatible with a Supermicro CSE-946ED-R2KJBOD?

Are any of the other SuperMicro drive trays compatible with a Supermicro CSE-946ED-R2KJBOD aside from the MCP-220-94601-0N? What is the difference between the MCP-220-94601-0N and other Gen 6 and Gen 8 Supermicro trays?
  2. N

Any suggestions on Raid6/RAID60 controllers for use with Seagate 14TB Exos Drives (ST14000NM0018)?

- The current models of RAID cards I have are Dell Perc H700, MR9265-8i, and Dell PERC H730P coupled with Intel RES2SV240NC SAS Expander Cards. - Budget would be $150 to $500. (After encountering firmwares rejecting good drives from arrays and lost the data partitions I will spend what I need...
  3. N

Any suggestions on Raid6/RAID60 controllers for use with Seagate 14TB Exos Drives (ST14000NM0018)?

Any suggestions on Raid6 / RAID60 RAID controllers (with battery back cache) for use with Seagate 14TB HDD Exos X14 SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 3.5-Inch Enterprise Hard Drives (ST14000NM0018)? I will be storing mostly media files with sizes ranging from 150 MB to 5GB. I just ordered (8)x of these...
  4. N

[WTB] (4)x INTEL I350-T4 Ethernet Server Adapter (9YD6K, 09YD6K, K9CR1, THGMP, H50313, 82590)

Want to buy (4)x INTEL I350-T4 Ethernet Server Adapter (9YD6K, 09YD6K, K9CR1, THGMP, H50313, 82590). If anyone has any or sees any for a fair price please let me know.
  5. N

SAS2 expander with SAS3 controller experiences

I know this is an old thread but I have had a really hard time finding data on whether a SAS3 contoller will work with a SAS2 expander. Can anyone else with first hand experience confirm that this works? I tried a Dell PERC H730P Adapter (SAS3) with an Intel RES2SV240NC SAS2 Expander and it...
  6. N

Addressing problem configuration and need assistance selecting new RAID Controller & Expander…

I should have been more specific. I was not looking for the newest retail offerings. The full retail price is too high for my taste and they depreciate quickly. I prefer buy the best of the used/refurbished stuff that you can buy on ebay or Amazon.
  7. N

Addressing problem configuration and need assistance selecting new RAID Controller & Expander…

This is the fun going on over here that comes along with a parallel RAID Array data migration. Big 24-Disk Arrays are awesome when they work but man its a heck of a beast to tackle when something goes wrong especially if you have to double the disk count in a 'Source - Target' data migration...
  8. N

Damn. I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is not related to the backplane or the cabling. I may look at a new backplane and new cabling as well. I want it back up and stable more than I am worrying about the budget. I have ordered all the necessary cable to connect everything. I'd...
  9. N

Addressing problem configuration and need assistance selecting new RAID Controller & Expander… About a year and a half ago I built what should have been an awesome system but it ended up being a problem configuration. I could use some assistance selecting a new RAID Controller & Expander...
  10. N

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

If anyone goes on Taoboa because they heard or read you could find cheap e5-2670v1's on there be careful and pay close attention to the 'packages'. Those listing have very misleading titles and the auction contents are hard to parse through for those that do not read and write Chinese natively...
  11. N

WTB - 8GB DDR3 2Rx4 PC3-10600R Dimms (HP Server Compatible)

I am looking to source up to (96)x Dimms of 8GB DDR3 2Rx4 PC3-10600R Dimms compatible with HP Servers. I would have preferred buy 16GB Dimms but the prices seem to be floating a bit high right not so I am looking at 8GB Dimms until the prices drop back down. Anyone have any for sale or know...
  12. N

SuperMicro 4U 24-BAY Chassis - Gotcha's??

I wanted to thank everyone for the input and assistance with my build. I am wrapping up the last details of the build now in large part thanks to the insights shared here. I went with the SuperMicro 24-bay chassis and switched out the backplane to the use the BPN-SAS-846TQ. I liked the fact...
  13. N

WTB: dual 2670 capable mobo, pci-e 3.0 enabled, 16 dimm slots

For what's it worth, I just did a similar build and leveraged the Asrock Rack EP2C602 that they reference in the 32-Thread Xeon Monster article most of have likely seen by this point. It only has (8)x Dimm Slots opposed to (16)x so I used 16GB Dimms to get the job done. I went this route...
  14. N

HP Blade Centers...??

That was where I was a bit baffled. Which mezzanine cards are Type 1 and which are Type 2 mezzanines? I am not finding that outlined in any of the documents. As I understand it, iSCSI become natively support on HP BL460c G7's and later. When using HP BL460c G1's, G5's, and G6's, it looks like...
  15. N

HP Blade Centers...??

Any one else here have HP Blade Centers in their setup? I have to migrated off my old Dell Blade Center (that was perfectly fine and doing everything I needed) in order to have SLAT support that is now required by Hyper-V under Windows Server 2016. I just dropped in a 3rd Revision HP BL-C7000...
  16. N

WTB 16GB / PC3L-12800R or PC3L-10600R Sticks

$30 is a good price per unit. $50 a unit is palatable on (4)x pack of Dimms ($200 for a 64GB Kit) in instances where someone has a build they need to get completed. Above that price range and stuff seems to be collect dust unless its brand new in unopened retail package with manufacturer...
  17. N

WTB 16GB / PC3L-12800R or PC3L-10600R Sticks

If anyone finds a good source I am in the market too.
  18. N

SuperMicro 4U 24-BAY Chassis - Gotcha's??

I haven't seen much of a selection on ebay the last couple weeks. I had really been hoping to find a chassis with a SAS2-846EL1 or SAS3-846EL1 already installed. Other than the BPN-SAS-846TQ's the only other option I have seen is a lone BPN-SAS-846A . While I'd rather wait and buy what I...