Search results

1. H

Supermicro SuperChassis 743AC-1200B-SQ Replacement Fans

I have a Supermicro SuperChassis 743AC-1200B-SQ linked below: https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/chassis/4U/743/SC743AC-1200B-SQ It came with some 2,800 RPM quiet fans. I'm planning on installing a pair of Titan RTX cards into the case, and I'm pretty sure the fans it came with aren't going...
  2. H

Are these Intel i350-t4 cards all fake?

I need to purchase an i350-t4 and just wanted to make sure I have this correct. Are all Intel i350-t4 cards without "Delta" embossed on the transformers, or TXC on the crystal, fakes? I just wanted to double check, because if this is the case, then the majority of cards on eBay seem to be fakes...
  3. H

Intel DC S3500 80GB SSD - Brand New $22 Shipped

Intel SSD DC S3500 series SSDSC2BB080G401 80GB, 2.5in SATA III 6Gb/s, 20nm, MLC | eBay I picked up a few of these the last time this seller listed them. They're brand new / sealed in the little brown Intel box. Anyway, these are pretty decent for an OS / boot drive and you can't go wrong @...
  4. H

Brand New Samsung SM863 480GB SSD - $108 OBO

MZ7KM480HAHP-000MV Samsung SM863 480GB MLC SATA 6G 2.5 SSD 0-Hours * New Bulk * | eBay It says toward the bottom of the page that "0-hours" means the hard drives are never installed/used in a system and is brand new. This seems like it could be a pretty decent deal with best offer (the SM863...
  5. H

Supermicro Dual Socket Memory Population

I have a Supermicro X9DRi-F dual socket motherboard that I'm purchasing memory for. I'm looking to populate all 16 memory slots with 16GB RDIMMs. My question is regarding memory speed. I'm using v2 Xeon processors, which support up to 1866MHz. However, looking at the memory chart for my...
  6. H

What's the significance between the Supermicro X9DRi-F and the X9DRH-iF?

The X9DRi-F is here: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRi-F The X9DRH-iF is here: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRH-iF I checked out Supermicro's chart on the model name and didn't see anything regarding the "H" in the 5th character. I looked...
  7. H

Supermicro X9DRi-F - Xeon E5 v2 support?

I've read reports that some revisions of the Supermicro X9 boards don't support the v2 processors (even with a BIOS update), even though Supermicro says they do. Does anybody have any experience with the X9DRi-F? I downloaded the manual and it says for E5-2600 v2 processors, BIOS version 3.0 or...
  8. H

What's the deal with Xeon E5-2660 v2 Processors?

Intel gives a recommended customer price of $1389 - $1393 for these processors, yet I commonly see them selling (as new) for < $300. I also see quite a few of them around the Intel recommended price as well though. For example, here's (what appear) to be the same two processors, selling for...
  9. H

Samsung OEM Enterprise SSD Firmware / Firmware Update

I purchased a Samsung SM843T SSD, and there are a few things that seem a bit off with it. The SSD was sold as brand new, and came sealed in an antistatic bag. However, the SMART info shows almost 15,000 power_on_hours, and host reads / writes are completely omitted (every Samsung SSD I've ever...