Search results

1. J

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

This is my solution, Drilled a large hole in the black plate and added an 80 mm Noctua fan. I also removed the front and back cover for air to escape. With this my SSD temps are down to 30-33 C previously it was around 57-60 on normal operation without any load. Also, this is helping with CPU...
  2. J

BK-1264NP-4L BIOS and other mods

Many thanks for explaining it makes sense, I will just use one port for both.
  3. J

I was following a YouTube video guideline but strayed away at the end as i was not able to access the firewall GUI for setup. Apologies meant to say Proxmox is only accessible on eht0. Eth1 and eth2 are assigned to s/w firewall for WAN and LAN. On Proxmox network i have this configuration: "I...
  4. J

I didn't try stress-ng, i was downloading from the internet on 3-4 devices and the CPU usage was 80-90 % on proxmox, with the given clocks. I'll try with stress-ng today. I think i also changed the profile on proxmox to performance. Also i did something pretty stupid while setting up proxmox...
  5. J

Many thanks, changing the PL1 (long-term) value to 9w did the trick for me for some reason powercap- info gave me an error command not found but " Echo 9000000 | tee/sys/class/powercap/intel-rapl/intel-rapl:0/constraint_0_power_limit_uw " worked and now the CPU works as it is intended to and...
  6. J

It makes sense, my unit does not pull more than 16 W from the wall. I checked and tried stress testing as well. Maybe that's the issue with my unit I don't have access to PL1 and PL2 values in BIOS, it's not there. And PL1 and PL2 values are set quite low and the processor under any kind of load...
  7. J

I got a no-name brand AC BEL 12V/5A, this unit doe snot pull more than 15/16 W from wall
  8. J

I have the same version, can you explain how to take bios dump? Are you having any specific issues with your unit? Mine is stuck at 402 MHZ in pfsense and in Windows it does boost higher but under load it falls back close to 1 GHz or less. Even the benchmark scores are very low.
  9. J

it looks like this
  10. J

I'm following the steps described by user 'thys', not sure where I'm making a mistake. Tried flashing and getting this error any advice on what should I do? @thys @davesc63
  11. J

Checked the device is the same, I need your help with a few instructions covered under (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/cwwk-topton-nxxx-quad-nic-router.39685/post-405132) Edit the file 1.nsh and add -bios to the fpt line >> so it is supposed to look like Fpt.efi -f...
  12. J

thanks for the reply, the BIOS is very restrictive, not many options there to play around with, I have not seen "C States" in BIOS. I think I have to reflash the BIOS, will check the device for the model before proceeding.
  13. J

thanks for the quick reply, did reset the device by removing the CMOS battery, and it is now hitting the advertised core clocks on idle but reverts to 400 MHz under load.
  14. J

Hi Guys, I bought the device N100 i226-V DDR5 (BK-1264NP Ver 1.5, Build Date 09/28/2023 17:23:35, Version 2.22.1287) I'm having issues with the device the clock speed is stuck around 400 MHz in pfsense in Windows on idle it goes above 1 GHZ else it falls to 400 check the screenshots. I checked...