Search results

1. T

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

I'm running 2x 4tb ssds in a ZFS mirror on the PCIE 4x and 2x slot. In my case since it is a zfs mirror, speed will be based in the 2x slot. If you run it separately, you get the full speed.
  2. T

Proxmox uid/gid mapping

Hello, I'm currently trying to mount a share to multiple containers, so that it can used by them. This worked fine with the official instructions and uid/gid mapping # uid map: from uid 0 map 1005 uids (in the ct) to the range starting 100000 (on the host), so 0..1004 (ct) → 100000..101004...
  3. T

I'm absolutely agreeing with not being good for NICs. But for my 4 ssds it really helps. Same for GPU if supported. As for the NIC(2.5gb), turning off ASPM increased the power by around 1W, not worth it at all.
  4. T

ASPM can have quite some impact on performance, but when luckily and you good the right configuration, it can save quite some energy. Small test: One 2.5gb, 4ssd, 64gb ram, 13900h ASPM off - 24W in idle ASPM auto except 2.5gb - 13W in idle Speed is still more than amazing in this config
  5. T

My sfp+ is not connected, so I can not check. To be sure: you found the aspm entry? Was it greyed out or only auto as choice available?
  6. T

Also, the management port 229-lm, next to sfp) has problems when vpro in the bios is enabled. In my case I used it as Lan port in OPNsense (proxmox), but DHCP wasn't working, when using the other port, no problems at all. Seems like there is somewhere an ongoing bug report about this issue...
  7. T

If someone has problems with network/throughput, try to disable the NICs ASPM in the BIOS (advanced, onboard, pcie suboptions). I had the problem that my SMB share speed fluctuated quite a bit, no constant full speed. After turning aspm for the NIC to disable, everything works well. May also be...
  8. T

Also changed the paste with Liquid metal. Was smooth overall. It is possible to take off the foam when heating a bit with a dryer (make sure to not overheat RAM etc).
  9. T

It seems like only if you buy directly from Cervoz in the EU, an business is needed. I was forwarded to a sales rep which offered it also to private persons. No MOQ, bought at the advertised price on the homepage (converted to my currency).
  10. T

German sales rep mentioned that I should use the inquiry here. After two days I got contacted by another sales rep which brought me in contact with my local sales rep. Please keep in mind that the link is only for non-EU orders.
  11. T

Sanwasupply Wattmonitor A+E Key SSD Cervoz T425 I have good news, using now the 512GB A+E Key SSD as boot without any problems. The other drive will now be used for additional storage. Had to go into contact with the Company where they forwarded me to a foreign sales which took care of the...
  12. T

Correct, only one 2.5GB connected. No HDMI, no Keyboard or other USB IO. Still in the progress of pulling fibre through the house.
  13. T

As far as I know there is another decent one out there. It is the Addlink A93 4TB. I based most of it on the Tom's hardware post (scroll down to 4TB ssd) and checked for power efficiency. Techpowerup has also a good review of the Lexar NM790 (idle power efficiency). That was the reasons why I...
  14. T

@DataX I was also looking into solutions and found a A+E key SSD. I'm currently not living in the EU, but may ship it to some friends there who forward it to me. A+E Key SSD Cervoz T425 I got my ms-01 today. If someone is interested in idle power consumption: 13900H 64GB Crucial 5600Mhz 1x...