Search results

1. L

ES Xeon Discussion

Nice! How did you do this?
  2. L

ES Xeon Discussion

I understand the principles but the explanations on how to do it aren't crystal clear to me... Could someone please post a tuto on how to modify a Z10PE-D16 WS in order to obtain this? So far I have seen only partial explanations for X99 MB - or maybe I am not skilled enough to understand them :D
  3. L

ES Xeon Discussion

Now that's a really interesting news. It seems fairly difficult to achieve, but very interesting. I suppose you would have to be really careful, and mindful of the TDP though? Because the throttling down happening is meant to keep the CPU within TDP, no? Another question : would that actually...
  4. L

ES Xeon Discussion

I made the mistake of ordering non-buffered (regular) DDR4 for my dual CPU Z10PA-D16 WS rig. Didn't work...
  5. L

ES Xeon Discussion

This is my 2*2683 V3 OEM : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z10PE-D16 WS - Geekbench Browser Funny to see the huge difference between 2699V3 & V4, basically due to a lot more cores it seems... I am not sure the difference in Cinebench is that huge. But anyway, good to know there is a way up for the time...
  6. L

ES Xeon Discussion

I'll be curious to see what a 2667 V4 can do vs a 2683 V3 for about the same price - will you post benchmarks? Cinebench or anything of that kind? My 2*2683V3 are about 3100 on Cinebench R15... Anyway glad I followed the advices here, I have now a very solid workstation that works perfectly, is...
  7. L

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks for the answer CookiesLikeWhoa, this helped a lot. My RAM was not registered. I just ordered new one - ECC and registered. Didn't even cost a lot more. Rookie mistake.
  8. L

ES Xeon Discussion

I tried also 2 sticks, 1 stick 1 CPU etc... Looks like this board wont' accept non-ECC RAM...
  9. L

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi everyone! I started mounting my new rig with Asus Z10PE D16 WS, double E5-2683 V3... First problem : I thought the Asus MB could accept non-ECC RAM, it looks like it's not the case, I'm stuck with B1 QCode at booting. My RAM is G.Skill RipJaws 4 - F4-2400C15Q. Even with only 1 stick in I...
  10. L

ES Xeon Discussion

Hey thanks for sharing! I am planning to do similar WS, with 2*E5-2683 V3 and ASUS MB. A few questions : 1. How silent is your rig? 2. Did you do any bench? CB R15 or anything like this? Thanks...