Search results

1. C

Dell R730xd Memory Layout

So i was right with my thoughts 8x32 should work. Thanks for confirming and i´ll report back if it worked after ordering. Thank you :)
  2. C

Ok, so i keep my fingers from cheap LRDIMMS. Both Processors in the Server a V4s. There seems to be support for 8 DIMMs (4 per CPU) an that is the actual Config, but they are 8Gb Modules. One kit for example is 8x Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3B1, which are dual ranked and should work if the Server...
  3. C

I want to upgrade my Dell R730xd to 256GB Ram. The Server is Dual CPU. I am from Germany and used Server Parts, including Memory isn´t exactly cheap here. So i looked a bit around on Ebay an there seem to be some 256Gb Kits (DDR4 LRDimms) which are okay priced for me. Those Kits are mostly 8x32...
  4. C

HGST / Netapp SAS Drives (most of the time) dont show up on Dell r730xd Backplane

So, to answer my own Thread: The Drives Firmware seem to have a Vendor Lock to function only in NetApp Appliances. I was not able to flash another Firmware on the Drives by myself, so i contacted User E123 from HDDGuru Forums to reflash the Drives. He did that very professional and for a okay...
  5. C

HGST / Netapp SAS Drives (most of the time) dont show up on Dell r730xd Backplane

Hi, my Name is Christian, first poster, long time Reader. And I think i messed up or at least got a Problem i can not solve on my own: I recently got myself a used Dell R730xd SFF Server with Dell HBA 330 Mini Mono SAS Controller and 24x SFF Front Backplane. There were some Dell Drives...