Search results

1. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I'm wondering at what point letting someone know they are wrong became "uncivil" @Patrick @Patriot because that's a personal/societal/culture problem if they can't handle it. I've not been offended by anything said to me and would be shocked to know someone couldn't handle being told they're...
  2. T

ES Xeon Discussion

No, actually Anandtech is with me on this one. Intel Haswell-EP Xeon 12 Core Review: E5-2650L V3 and E5-2690 V3 http://images.anandtech.com/doci/8679/12C Xeon Frequency Reponse.png?_ga=1.255507464.1297422707.1472075143 They're all the same CPU silicon designs. All of the CPU's are binned for...
  3. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Please remember that there will always be more important things happening on the main thread that are required to finish before advancing; no matter if it's a new or old API. New API's just allow more distribution of rendering tasks. As it stands now turbo boost differs between all bins. What I...
  4. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Yes, ROTR initially didn't do well in dx12, but they continued working on it and it responds pretty well. Seemingly will put work across however many threads you have/allow. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the multi threading poster child. It'll spawn threads Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. T

ES Xeon Discussion

The problem with new API's in the handful of titles that work well with them: 1) Minimum frame rates are consistently inconsistent rubbish 2) Visual effects are muted. dx12/vulkan(Doom) do not support the top graphic effects dx11 does. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Oh god don't rely on star citizen to do shit. It's programming is god awful; even the thread scheduling is pitiful. The live game crashes with more than 32 cores because the thread scheduler is a joke. The PTU builds are not much better. Please god as a Gold Ticket backer in star citizen...
  7. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Anyone running the es 2667 v4? What kinda R15? What kinda clocks are people seeing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Also, the new gaming API's are not going to save slow processors as gaming solutions. Deus Ex: Mankind divided in DX11 mode scales performance through 16 cores and will spawn work across 40 cores. Dx12 does not help. Rise of the Tomb Raider is slower, with LESS graphical features in dx12...
  9. T

ES Xeon Discussion

No. The chips themselves take care of it. While different CPU's may use the same architecture, they are binned individually into what they perform in. You can see despite the same silicon designs running the same number of cores; there are large differences between the difference CPU's. You...
  10. T

ES Xeon Discussion

No Im saying even when selling Retail chips, clearly marked with pictures and descriptions of what they are buying; they buy the listing without knowing what they bought. So frustrated!?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I doubt it. I've had two sales paid for I had to cancel in the last HOUR from Chinese nationals in the USA that can't correctly identify clearly marked & pictured retail CPU's. Then they get pissy about loosing the refund fee from paypal (Why do they get pissy with me; I'm not paying for their...
  12. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Third time I've put these two e5-2698v4 ES CPU's up on ebay... It's so frustrating. I have NO IDEA why people click buy it now; then have a thousand questions after the fact & get sketchy when they don't understand the product they committed to pay for...
  13. T

ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS problems with 2x E5 2698 V4 ES CPU QHUZ

These first four options cured my error 71 boot loop caused by USB compatibility issue with windows. Happens to a lot of asus boards for years if you google error 71 and sift through results Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. T

Low power servers - does socket matter?

1366 is the budget bargain for CPU power. A pair of $100usd x56## 6c/12t westmere-EP's is going to be right there with a stock clock $1,000usd i7-5960x in apps like cinebench. It's a bit of a joke tho power consumption wise. You're doubling the power consumption to equal the workload. Not a...
  15. T

ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS problems with 2x E5 2698 V4 ES CPU QHUZ

I ran two on Z10PE-D16 WS E5-2698v4 Crucial ddr4-2400 ecc rdimm The boot loop problem I had eventually traced to a common error many ASUS boards have when mixing very old style, but USB 2.0 compliment devices with the board set to allow USB 3.0. As soon as I changed a few USB related flags...
  16. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I think vray and keyshot are two of the few that scale well on core counts. Many 3d programs a simple consumer i7-6700k would run rings around the big-iron xeons. Props to Pugetsystems.com for the articles. Keyshot Multi Core Performance Mental Ray Multi Core Performance AutoDesk 3ds...
  17. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Selling my two E5-2698v4 's on ebay. Once I settled on the Asus Z10PE-D16 WS I had no issues for months. I think I'm going to replace them with a pair of v4 2667 / 2687w and pick-up some clock rate. Maybe build a second system if that works out well.
  18. T

ES Xeon Discussion

3305. 1200w PSU that could put up with a 300w CPU and two 450w video cards, so I know it's not struggling with two little xeons. Coolers and pumps are spinning fine (140mm AIO) Temps report 40c range idling in UEFI It's stuck doing this: That's trying to run a windows 10 install USB key (new...
  19. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Swapped to an Asus Z10P-16 WS.............The documentation for this board and the features on it are complete shit. Buy the SuperMicro boards. Had to buy the 32gb of Crucial DDR-4 ECC The machine booted into a windows install one time will not finish booting at this point. Even after CMOS...
  20. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Ya. I had one stick of Crucial 4gb ECC in dimm A1.