Search results

1. J

QSFP28 100G DAC cables QTY 5/$50

That certainly looks more like 3m than 1, it's probably meant more for rack-to-rack cabling than intra-rack. Shame, that that's a good price, but that much extra cabling would cause a pretty big mess in the rack.
  2. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You disabled 44 ports... so you only use 4? 2.5/10G desktop switches come in at 1W idle now...
  3. J

I want one

That's a 67W TDP processor, I wonder how constrained it is in that operating envelope.
  4. J

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

24Ps go for more/are rarer, in the brief time I've been watching, probably homelabbers watching their electricity bill. :) The 48P idle at 71W per Ruckus, the 24P at 48W, which is a fair bit of difference...
  5. J

Cheap Interesting Chinese 4x2.5g, 2x10G switch, (but also problems with DACs)

Is the issue resolved using DACs with the new firmware? $50 quickly becomes $100 when you need to buy 4 SFP+ transceivers with each switch.
  6. J

HGST Helium 10TB SATA $110

46462 hours is 5.3 years, and a bit more than I'd like. Thanks for being the guinea pig on this though.
  7. J

(ebay) Supermicro SYS-5018D-LNT4

Can you run iperf when you get it? I'd be curious if it could route 10Gb with that processor.
  8. J

EXPIRED fanless Intel® i3 Kaby Lake mini PC for $74.83

Quick Google says Mint will only install by default the open source drivers, which do not support Quicksync. Some leads in this thread: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-use-qsv-vaapi-on-linux-mint.137329/
  9. J

EXPIRED fanless Intel® i3 Kaby Lake mini PC for $74.83

Do you have the right video drivers that support Quicksync?
  10. J

Brocade ICX6450-48P $99.99 or best offer shipped

I'm willing to be they're just being resold at a higher price.
  11. J

Huge temperature drops from flipping switch into vertical orientation?

I'm betting some people moved it out of the rack too to run it vertically.
  12. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

My Kill-A-Watt is reading 39w for a ICX6450-24P, just wiped.
  13. J

[FS] [US] Supermicro X9 + Xeons + DDR3 ECC UDIMM memory

Moving some of this hardware, I have multiples of most things for redundancy. These setups measured ~30w idle/80w max on my Kill-a-watt iirc, which is respectable while being powerful enough for a fair bit of virtualization. 3 x X9SCi-LN4F (quad 1GbE) - Supermicro | Products | Motherboards |...
  14. J

Always on pc for smart home, data storage, personal cloud...

Linus published that video when he was really new to virtualization. Like REALLY new. He was a Windows boys from head to toe and doubt he touched a *NIX system before that. I would never recommend a system that "required* you to boot off a cheap USB drive (is that still a requirement?). I'm...
  15. J

16TB WD Easystore External USB 3.0 Hard Drive $254.99 @ Best Buy

Keep backpedaling and read my posts more carefully, you'll eventually arrive at what I've been saying all along in this entire thread.
  16. J

Not sure why you're so hell bent on this, but the fact is there's no binning on the 16TB drives because they only are releasing three SKUs, and they're all 2.5 million hour MTBF drives. Maybe they sell the crappy drives to Seagate? :) The EDFZ/EMFZ drives have been shown to be 7200 rpm as...
  17. J

It does, it's on by default.
  18. J

The part number is printed on the drive! Surely you've never worked at a company with any sort of ERP system, otherwise you would have never uttered such foolishness. :) There's tons of different reasons to have the same part w/ different prices: different sales channels, different support...
  19. J

What WD is currently making: