Search results

1. E

How to install kvm console in old compaq cabinet?

I recently acquired an old compaq server cabinet. I was able to install all of my servers on slide rails within the cabinet.. however. When I went to install my startech duraview KSR-115XX It seems it is too narrow. Simply, the installed rails on the console "fall short" and I can't just slide...
  2. E

Backblaze Harddrive failure rates Q2 2016

Hard Drive Failure Rates: The Results from 68,813 Hard Drives Looks like the 8TB helium filled drives are holding up well!
  3. E

DELL MD1000: Cabling + Connection Issue.

Hey Everyone. So I have a DELL MD1000 populated with hard drives that I've been neglecting to hookup to my stack of servers for the past couple of months. Originally I bought a SAS cable that was recommended to me on /r/homelab. However when I got it, it has a sort of alligator clip style...
  4. E

WTB: USB Floppy Drive + Diskettes

I have a new working Toshiba 3200SX that just came in.. but alas no floppy drives laying around that I can use. I'm looking to buy a usb floppy drive and some (3.5" double density or high density) diskettes so I can reload the software on this machine and maybe get OS/2 running on it! Thanks...
  5. E

FS: 72x W.L. Gore QDR Infiniband cables.

Longtime lurker here: I recently picked up 80 W.L. Gore QDR Infiniband cables and I only have a need for 8 of them. Looking to sell the remaining 72. Item description: W. L. Gore QDR Infiniband Cable. Connector Type: CX4 MPN: IBN4800-2 Length: 2 Meter Rate: QDR Asking $14/cable + free ship...