Search results

1. J

Power Strip With Individual Power Draw Monitoring?

I'd like a power strip that monitors the power draw of all devices plugged into it and can be controlled over IP (through a wired ethernet connection). Ideally I could interface with it directly over IP so I could, for example, create a CSV file that contains the power consumption in watts at a...
  2. J

Long Flexible M.2 to PCI Adapter?

Thanks for your suggestion. I just purchased these items and should receive them sometime next week. We'll see if they work. Edit: I tried these out and they work great! There's barely enough room between the bottom of the motherboard and the PSU for the PCIe card adapter (the top does overlap...
  3. J

Long Flexible M.2 to PCI Adapter?

I have an MSI X670-P Wi-Fi motherboard with the following layout: Currently I have the OS boot drive in M2_1, and two 2-slot GPUs in PCI_E1 and PCI_E3. I would like to add a PCIe 3.0 X8 networking card, and I'm OK with it running at X4 speeds, but X2 speeds are a little too slow. Given...
  4. J

File Copies In Windows Stops and Starts; V Shaped Ramp In Transfer Speed

I have two Windows 10 computers directly networked together, but when I copy a single, huge file (20GB) between them, I get performance that looks like this: For some reason, after a certain period of time, the copy speed falls off a cliff and then ramps back up. I can't really tell what's...
  5. J

Intel XL710-QDA2 in PCIe 4.0 x 2 Slot?

Thanks. I bought the cards and tried it in two different slots on the motherboard. Here are the results I observed: Setup \ Command iperf3 -c 192.168.XXX.XXX -P 8 iperf3 -c 192.168.XXX.XXX -P 8 -R PC1: PCIe 4.0 4x Slot & PC 2: PCIe 3.0 8x Slot 2.36 GB/sec 1.98 GB/sec PC1: PCIe 4.0 2x...
  6. J

Intel XL710-QDA2 in PCIe 4.0 x 2 Slot?

I want to directly connect two computers using two Intel XL710-QDA2 40Gbps PCIe 3.0 x8 cards. However, the only slot I have available on my MSI x670-P Wi-Fi motherboard is a PCIe 4.0 x 2 slot (the physical slot size is x16). See "PCI_E4" in the diagram below: If the card I would put in the...
  7. J

Pass Through Multiple GPUs to Virtual Machine with Hyper-V

I followed this tutorial to try and pass through GPUs to a Hyper-V virtual machine: My system has two NVIDIA 1080 Ti GPUs in it; and for some reason only one of them is fully working. Both of them show up in device manager in the VM: But in my application that utilizes the GPUs, only one...